Chapter 39

"We have to take out their airforce first. Take the battle to their home turf, and beat them there." Montwik said. We were discussing about the war, and how to take the Kenjah down. "Taking them to the home turf? Isn't that what we shouldn't do? They'll have home advantage." Reneesh said. "We have a bigger advantage, Reneesh." Montwik said. "Once we take them out of the air, we can trap them in a single place and take them out. I know the capabilities of the Kenjah Army. They have a superior airforce, not a superior ground force. We will have a better chance of winning if we follow this." He continued. "What about Anna and Konrad? How are we rescuing them?" I asked. A man in a military uniform looked at me and starting speaking. "We are going to fly straight to them. There is no point of playing the hiding games. They know we're coming. And we attack them with all our power. There are two types of ships -Battleships and Destroyers. Destroyers are huge and are strong. They have enormous firepower and can cause some serious damage. But battleships, they're made to stand up punishment. They don't have great firepower. It's obvious they're using Destroyers as the spearhead of their force. They will try to make some serious damage and then destroy our ships, but we won't let that happen. We're going to have the custom-fitted Battleships which can stand up more punishment, thanks to the Crux Army, as our primary ships. While they are taking in the damage, one of our squadron of Destroyers are going to go around their planet and start an offensive from behind. They will be surrounded on both sides and we can unleash hell on them." He said.

"That's a good plan but listen." I started. "What do we have that they don't?" I asked. "I mean, we need to have a huge advantage over them, fighting them in their home territory isn't easy." I said. "That's where we come in." Chlod interrupted. "We've been developing a secret weapon which isn't known to even our own people. It's very powerful and this, we believe, would give us an edge over the Kenjah." He said. "What does the weapon do?" Reneesh asked him, before I could. "The weapon we have is capable of turning anything it fires up in into ashes." He said, with a smile. "We're arming every soldier with this?" I asked him. "Oh no, Captain. It's not something which one can carry. It's huge. It would take one whole spaceship carry it. We have a custom fitted ship to carry it. But there is a catch. The weapon needs a huge energy source, and we've managed to develop that. But the weapon has a buffer time of ten minutes before it can be fired again. And we have only one of these beauties." He replied. The door opened and Emanta walked into the room. She looked at me and smiled.

"We're launching tomorrow. The Crux Army is going to be here by then. It takes almost five days to reach photrox . We can improvise on our plan en route. We have teams ready to plot the best route so that the second squadron can easily get to the other side of the planet." Montwik said to everyone assembled here. "We have ten days till Earth is destroyed once and for all. And that means nine tomorrow. Five days to travel and that gives us just four days to win the war. We have to get things done, fast." I said. "Rithvik is right." Montwik said. "The Humans are our allies now. It's our duty to protect them and their race." Chlod said. "Thanks for that, Chlod." I said, smiling. "And by the way, we still don't have a proper plan for rescuing Konrad and Anna." I said. "The next meeting starts in two hours. That's the first thing we'll discuss upon. See you guys after lunch." Montwik said, getting up.

He walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder and said, "We'll win this war, Rithvik. I promise I'll lay down my life, if it comes down to that." He said. "Don't make promises you can't keep up, Montwik." I said, walking away.

----
Thanks for reading it! Please vote if you like it!
Constructive Criticism is Appreciated.
-Rithvik/LPS21.