Chapter 55

"You just can't phase through the door just like that. I'm pretty sure the guards aren't such idiots to take eyes off us. You'll get caught." I said to Montwik. "Rithvik, look at my face. Do I look like an idiot?" He replied, suppressing a smile. "Well, when do you plan on going?" I asked him. "In about an hour or so, we will have food delivered to us. And the guards too would get their food along with ours. I know the two guards, they were on my personal security detail a few years ago. I took them off my detail because they are obsessed with food. And when they are eating, they don't notice even if they sky starts falling down. Thus, the best time to phase out of the cell without the guards noticing us is when they are eating. Once I get out of the cell, I will take them out by surprise and grab the guns and the security key and we will be on our way back." He said. "Well, sounds good. Let's just hope it comes through." I replied. We had made sure that Anna and Konrad could not see our little discussion and not catch a glimpse of the glove. We had to keep everything way from them. If they indeed had the chip in them, they could bring the whole show down.

"You don't seem to be in the best of your mood." I said, putting my arm around her shoulder. "Well, I don't know. They're probably spying on you using me. I'll be the one taking you down. I'll be the one taking the whole team down." She said, her voice cracking up. "Don't ever say that, okay? They may be spying on us, but trust me we I say this, I am going to do everything in my power to make sure the both of you are alright." I replied, looking into her eyes. "I can't see how you can do that." She replied. "Do you trust me?" I asked her. "Yes I do." She replied. "Then trust me when I say I am going to get you out of this, okay?" I said. She moved closer and kissed me. 

Almost an hour had passed by before we heard the door hiss open. Soldiers carried boxes filled with enough food for us not to starve and placed them outside the cell. The two guards outside the cell took out his digital card and swiped it over and the door opened. It would have been pointless attempting to break out at this point of time. There were at least a dozen soldiers who were heavily armed. The struggle would end before it even started. "How's things up on the surface, Lona?" Montwik asked a soldier who was bringing the boxes in. "I do not have any knowledge about it. And even if I do, I am not authorized to tell you anything." She replied, turning her back against him. "I know you work directly under the Kenjah and you have access to almost everything. And what am I going to do sitting more than thirty levels below the surface knowing what is happening on the surface?" Montwik asked. "And why should I ever tell you this?" She asked back. "Because you have worked for me for decades and on the other hand, I outrank you." He replied. "You don't outrank me anymore. The both of us don't work in the same army anymore. And you turned out to be a traitor. You betrayed your own people." She replied, with a forced look of disgust on her face. "I am fighting for what I believe is right. And you know it. You are just afraid they'd kick you out of this place and make sure you regret every moment of your life if you ever speak against them." Montwik replied, putting his hand on her shoulder. The expression on her face melted to something close to fear and sadness. "I am just doing my job, Montwik. And okay, here is the information you asked for. Your forces are moving in fast and the Kenjah is worried. They have control over the capital city and they are moving towards the Kenjah's palace area. The war is still ongoing outside the planet. The Kenjah is preparing for the final defense, but trust me, he has more surprises up his sleeves. I will be executed if anyone gets to know I told this to you." She replied, never making eye contact with Montwik and working at distributing thr food at the same time. "Thanks a lot, Lona." Montwik replied, with a sense of hope in his eyes. Anna and Konrad were nowhere to be seen. They probably isolated themselves from us so as to not eavesdrop on any information. "You could join us now, you know?" Montwik asked, looking at her. "That would be committing suicide. And even if I do, I will be joining a losing side. You can never win this, Montwik. You don't want to kill people. You would do anything to avoid the bloodshed. But the Kenjah has no such restrictions. He will do anything to win. You don't stand a chance against him. He will find a way to win even in the most impossible situation. Beware of him, Montwik. He has no such thing as sympathy and compassion." She replied, and walked out of the cell not waiting for a reply. All the soldiers sat down as Montwik, Reneesh, Gofr and I waited for the guards aside to lower their guards. 

"Are you ready?" I asked Montwik, who was putting on his glove. The guards aside had started having their food and their weapons lay on the floor. It was crystal clear that the guards had lowered their guard and were vulnerable. "Yeah, I am ready." Montwik replied. Both the guards had their backs towards us. There was a blind spot from the security cams and the motion sensors. Montwik would hide there till he got the perfect chance to take the guards down. Montwik switched the glove on and it was definitely weird. You could see him if you looked straight at him, but if you see him from the corner of your eye, he would appear hazy. His whole body was vibrating. He put his hand through the door and he passed through it like it was nothing. Konrad and Anna had come up from behind the room and gawked at him with surprise. After he had passed through the door, he switched his glove up and removed it. The glove was smoking already. He hid right next to the cell and the guards didn't budge. 

Montwik ran up to the two guards, grabbing the heavy weapon on the floor and bringing the butt of the weapon onto the neck of one of the guards with a striking blow. The guard collapsed immediately, his face showing severe pain. He was on the floor, struggling to even move. Meanwhile, the other guard, who was taken by surprise just the first one, sprang into action and tried reaching for his weapon, which flew to the other end of the corridor after Montwik kicked it with his foot. The soldier managed to land a blow on Montwik arm, which sent his weapon skidding across the floor. The both of them struggled for a short period of time before Montwik finally landed a fatal blow after which the guard slumped. He didn't move. Montwik, without wasting a single second, grabbed the digital card from the second guard and came running to the cell. He successfully opened the door and all the soldiers made our way outside the cell. "Grab all our weapons and that device of Gofr. The alarms can start ringing any second." Montwik said. Just as he completed his sentence, the alarms started blaring from all around us. "Rithvik! Take this card, swipe it at the main door, and keep it open. They will block this card any second now. Hurry!" He said, as he handed me the card, along with a weapon. Reneesh and a couple of other soldiers followed me as I ran towards the main entrance. 

I swiped the card, nervously, and miraculously, the door hissed open. All of us pointed our weapons into the darkness of the corridor. Most likely, the Kenjah's army had cut the power supply to the corridors we were in to stall us.