Chapter 65

"I'm done with the first door." Holder's man said, as the door hissed open. We cautiously walked inside, with our fingers on the trigger. The corridor was empty, with another door at the far end of the corridor. "Faster!" I said, as Holder's man tried his best to open the doors as quickly as possible. "Sir, with all due respect, I am working as hard as I can. You are welcome to try your hand here. I could have done this a lot faster with someone who is experienced with this. Your technology is pretty much similar to ours, but there are a few differences as well." He replied. His statement about having someone to help him brought back the memories of the time I had with Leo. During all this chaos, I didn't have much time to dwell over Leo's death. We put Reneesh and another HPF soldier on guard duty whilst the rest of us watched Holder's man unlock the door. 

We were at the last door when our luck ran out. "WE GOT INCOMING!" Gale yelled as gunfire filled the corridor. "Take cover! Take cover!" I yelled. Just one problem, there was nowhere to take cover. It was one corridor, with Kenjah's men on one side, and a locked door on the other. We could not see the Kenjah's men. Neither did their bullets fly towards us. I heard voices from the corridor speaking in a language I never heard before. "What are they talking?" I asked one of Holder's men. His eyes widened. "It is the language from the old age." he replied. "Do you understand it?" I asked him, not bothering asking him about what exactly the old age was. There just wasn't enough time. "Nobody speaks it anymore." he replied. "Well, obviously, they do now." Reneesh replied. "Yo doorman, can we close the door in front of us?" I asked Holder's doorman. "Nope. Never thought we needed to do that. And don't call me doorman. Name is Dalfer." He replied. "Okay, Dalfer. Keep working. Make sure you do something to make this door close and lock after we go through it, okay?" I said. Meanwhile, there was silence all around except for the sound of Dalfer working. "Where are they?" I asked Reneesh. Gale contacted Control and Command, but they reported that all cameras in the vicinity were down. We were blind out here. Gale asked for reinforcements, but all the soldiers and the people with guns were struggling to protect the ground they gained. So there were no reinforcements coming in either. It was just us, against them. "How long?" I asked Dalfer. "Stop asking me that. I'm working." He snapped back. Suddenly, the lights went out, and the dim emergency lights shone through the walls. "Apparently a group of Kenjah's soldiers hit the power distribution center. A hit team is on its way to fight them." Gale reported. "Great." Reneesh murmured. 

We heard the sound of footsteps approaching us. "Fingers on the trigger." Reneesh whispered. A tall man walked towards us from the darkness. Three men flanked him on both the sides, their guns trained at us. "Hold you fire." The tall man said, his voice both gentle and commanding. "Hold your fire." Reneesh ordered. The tall man's face came into view I gasped. Reneesh immediately pointed his gun towards the tall man but Holder's men were not as confident as they were before. The tall man looked like the younger version of the Kenjah. He was wearing the royal robes, just like the Kenjah does. "For the humans, who do not know who I am, I am the only son, and the heir of the Kenjah. The Kenjah sent me here for discussing peace talks with the humans." He said. "So you are his messenger?" Reneesh said, sarcasm lacing his voice. "Oh no. I believe I am something much more than that. Did you think for a second that your signal jammer prevented us from knowing about what you were doing? I'll accept that we definitely did not anticipate a revolt of this scale, but we knew you were going to try something the second you asked for permission to board Prometheus One. Coming to your jammer, I'll accept defeat. It did an admirably good job. Anyway, here is the deal. We're being very generous to you. We will leave humans alone. You can turn these ships around and go to another planet we chose for you. But before that, I need you, Rithvik, Reneesh and the rest of Holder's men to help me sneak into Beta One on your jet. Once we take out Montwik, the war will be over. You can go back, and things will be back to where we started. What do you say?" He asked. "No." Reneesh replied, without even thinking for a second. "I repeat, you have nothing to lose if you accept this deal. We will leave you alone." He said. "What do you say, Captain Rithvik? You are the most influential person among the humans. Not even George can come close to how popular you are among the humans. That is why I came to you and not George." He said. "Reneesh said it already. Thanks but no thanks." I replied. He kept his calm, but I could see the rage in his eyes. I realized his calmness was just a mask he wore. Inside it was a raging storm. "I can blow this ship up before you even know it." He said. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Gale slipping out and making his way behind the Kenjah's son. He was going to get caught by the guards anytime. I had to make a distraction. I raised my gun and pointed it towards the Kenjah's son. All the guards immediately lurched forward and formed a straight line. Just what I wanted. "I'm afraid my men are going to shoot you down if you do that again." Kenjah's son said. "Too scared to face me alone? That is why you brought six men with you?" I asked him. Anything to get him from catching Gale. There is one thing about enraged people, they simply do not care about what is happening around them. "Tell me, Captain Rithvik. Why did you say no? Your goal was to save your species. We guarantee you that we will help you with your little problems and give you a new planet to live on. What more do you want?" He asked us. 

"For centuries we survived on the blood of those we thought were our enemies. Once again, today, you are asking us to do the same. Even if we take this offer, we will once again be living at your mercy. We do not want to be controlled by a self centered, egoistic, cruel, power hungry Kenjah." I replied. Oh boy, he was enraged. I probably over calculated the insults. "GIVE ME THE GUN!" He yelled. All his calmness and his gentle nature melted away. His body was filled with pure rage. Gale was almost behind him. I decided to add one final insult. "You should get some anger management therapy sessions." I said. This probably was the first time someone said it, because I heard some stifled laughter from Hodler's men. Whether they really were laughing, or they saw what Gale was doing and followed my plan was unknown to me. Kenjah's son lost it. He marched over to me and put the gun to my head. "What did you just say?" He asked, gritting his teeth. "This is what I am talking about. Take a deep breath in." I replied. I touched the limit. 

I heard the sound of a bullet being shot, but it wasn't the Kenjah's son. I knew it because I was alive, and in front of me was the Kenjah's son, his face filled with shock and pain. All of us opened fire on Kenjah's men at the same time. Unfortunately, Gale was not as lucky as I was. The Kenjah's men opened fire on him, and not us. And before we could kill them all, Gale's body was riddled with bullets. 

________________________________________

Thanks for reading the chapter. Sorry for the extreme delay in releasing this chapter. I've been to busy, and I am trying to accommodate Wattpad into my schedule.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Constructive criticism is always welcome. 

PLEASE VOTE IF YOU LIKE IT!

-Rithvik/ LPS21