Chapter 66

Blood was splattered all over the floor and the walls. The Kenjah's men lay on the ground, motionless. But the Kenjah's son was not so lucky. He was still alive and conscious and was wincing from pain. I knelt down beside him. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. "You are going to lose the war." I told him. I felt bad for him. He was just another pawn the Kenjah had used to try turning the tables in his favour. It didn't turn out well for the Kenjah. "Why do you think I came here? Why do you think I came here?" He asked, barely audible. "I do not understand." I replied. "I was not here on behalf of the Kenjah. He does not know I am here. These people were... my person..al bodyguards. I thought... if I could convince you... I could try convincing him too...." He said. He took a deep breath in, gasping for air. "I am... not like my...father." He managed to say. Another HPF soldier, called out for medics from Gale's comms system, but by the time they made it to the spot, both Gale and the Kenjah's son were gone. 

I looked around the room. Most of Holder's men did not know what had happened. And I decided to keep it that way. Atleast, for now. "Let's do what we came to do." I said in a tight voice. I took the communications device Gale had and handed it over to Reneesh. I updated them about the situation, but left out the bits about how Kenjah's son was not on the same page the Kenjah was on. Apparently, the Kenjah's son had ordered Kenjah's men to set their defense far off from where we were and that the place they were in was a bottleneck. The Kenjah had a rebel in his midst the whole time in his son. It was a trap, and to think that the Kenjah's men blindly followed his orders showed the power the Kenjah's son had among his people. 

We made it through the final door, and inside were almost a thousand guards in the HPF outfit. The Kenjah's forces had a skeletal staff guarding the place, which further strengthened the point that they were severely undermanned. "Alright soldiers. It is time for us to take back our ship." I said. I did not have time to talk more with the soldiers. Time was a prime importance. "We have a problem." Reneesh said, as he walked over to me. "What?" I asked. "We just overlooked a bad problem." He replied. "What is the bad problem?" I asked. "We cannot reach the armory." He replied. "Don't tell me that there are Kenjah's men en route to the armory." I said. "Right on point." He replied. Isn't there any way we can go round them? Like go down one level and come back up?" I asked. "I asked them the same. But in case you haven't noticed, the armory is at the corner of the ship. One way in, one way out. The only way to it is through them." He replied. I looked around the room. "We have numbers." I said. "They have the weapons." He replied. "Are you sure that there is no other possible way we can bypass them and get to the armory?" I asked Reneesh. By now, most of Holder's men gathered around us and seemed to understand what was going on. 

I looked around the crowd. Soldiers who were locked up for days made their way to the grab some water and food. In under two minutes, the soldiers were all ready and stood around us, waiting for orders. By this time, it was clear that there was no other way but to go through them. 

"Listen up soldiers!" I yelled at the top of my voice. Silence swept through the cloud. "We have fought and come so far that we cannot even afford to think about turning back. We have a problem. The kenjah's men stand right between us and the armory. But this problem cannot and must not stop us from achieving the one thing we have been striving to achieve for so long- freedom. We have the numbers, they have the weapons. Blood will be spilled. But sacrifice is necessary for a better future. Those soldiers who do not wish to come with us can step back, no hard feelings. But those who wish to join us, fight till your last breath. It is your call." I said, standing on a raised platform. As expected, a couple of soldiers broke off from the main group and stood away from us. "We will protect the command and control room!" I soldier from the group which had split apart announced. I nodded my head in approval.

We made our way through the corridors. Reneesh kept me updated but the situation remained the same. The Kenjah's men were simply waiting for us. Suddenly, the whole corridor went dark. "What the hell was that?" I asked Reneesh, who made contact with our people back at command. "They physically cut the power supply to this sector." Reneesh replied. "There is nothing command can do about this. They are not prepared to send in technicians. They cannot afford to lose a single soldier they have with them right now. And they have some disturbing news. They saw a group of kenjah's men splitting up from their main group minutes before this sector went dark. It is safe to assume that they are heading towards command. We need to send in reinforcements, with weapons." Reneesh continued. I switched on the flashlight attached to my weapon. Reneesh did the same with his, but we had just five weapons and it did not provide much light. "We're going in blind now?" A soldier asked me from behind. "That is our only way now." I replied. The only sound which could be heard was the sound of the boots hitting the hard metal floor. The soldiers with the guns led the charge and the rest followed. Reneesh held his hand up, motioning everyone to stay still. "We are very close. According to the information we have, they should be about a minute from here. " Reneesh whispered to me. I switched my light off and the other soldiers followed suit. I motioned everyone to stay silent and we moved forward, barely making any noise. 

I saw streaks of light tore through the air from a corridor which branched out from the main corridor we were standing in right now. The armory was right behind them. The whole corridor narrowed down near the the entrance of the armory, which was a designing blunder. This provided the Kenjah's men an advantage over us. One of Holder's soldier took out a piece of mirror, lay on the floor and tried to get a view on what was on the other corridor. Suddenly a bang filled the air, and a bullet passed right through the small piece of glass. 

_______________________________________________________

Hello guys! As you may know already, this update is being released after a long gap. A hectic school schedule clubbed with other issues has prevented me from writing new chapters faster. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will try to release them faster. 

Also, as a huge fan of Linkin Park, shock and grief swept over me when I came to know about the sudden demise of Chester Bennington. May his soul rest in peace. He has inspired me and a million others in ways which cannot be explained. His songs will remain with us forever because legends never die. 

Depression is real. If depression can take away people like Chester, Chris Cornell, Robin Williams and many more, then depression is real. If someone comes to you and tells you they want to kill themselves, do not laugh at them. Do what you can, and if you can't, make sure they are with someone who can. Suicide is not the option. That one split-second decision you take takes your life and destroys the lives of the people around you. Again, remember these words, etch them in your minds, see them flashing in front of your eyes and hear them when you're down - you are not alone. Life is not fair, but we can make it play by our rules. 

"Don't resent me, when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory, leave out all the rest... leave out all the rest."

#RIPChester