Gas Station

It was late and a young woman was driving through an unfamiliar area of the country one night. Her car was old and unreliable and soon she realized that she had to make a stop for gas. Luckily, she came across a gas station in a few minutes. The gas station was old-fashioned, the kind with an attendant who comes out to pump the gas. But something about the gas station send alarms bells ringing in her head. Afraid that she might not find another gas station soon, she reluctantly pulled in and asked the attendant to fill up the tank.

The attendant seemed nervous as he filled up the tank but finished his job and moved towards her car window forpayment. She gave him a $20 bill and he examined it carefully and told her that the bill was a counterfeit or a fake. At that point the alarm bells in the girl's head started ringing vigorously. The attendant explained they he would have to take her back to his office in order to call his manager about the counterfeit bill as it had to be reported to the bank. Once he convinced the woman to come to his office with him, he told her that the bill wasn't a counterfeit and that he had got her out of her car because there was a man with a hatchet hiding in the backseat.