For Your Eyes Only

A short raspy knock echoed through Julie's house. Being an extrovert, Julie loved company. She thrust herself up from her chair and made for the door. The door opened with a click and she popped her head outside in search of companionship. To her dismay her porch was empty, save for a piece of parchment on the ground. On the up-facing side, it read 'For Your Eyes Only' in a neat cursive script. She snatched the paper from the ground and dusted it off. Turning the note around revealed a message on the back side.'Wish and it shall be yours' . Her mind raced to all the wonders she could materialize and merit she could achieve. She began to empty her imagination into her home. Clothes, food, and money. Her desires were fulfilled.

After a long day of extreme elation, Julie decided it was time to rest. One last wish before bed wouldn't hurt though, and she wished for a soft feather bed to replace her filthy mattress. She crawled into bed and was soon fast asleep.

A note emerged through her window landing on her bed. Julie stirred in her slumber, but did not wake. More notes followed suit until her room was covered in a pale beige. Finally the rustling paper roused Julie. She clicked on her bedside lamp and was taken aback by the sight of her room. Each of the notes delivered the same message, 'You read the wrong side first'. Julie was confused, but confusion dissolved into terror as a swirling mass of ash bled through her window. She began to scream, but it was too late. Spindly fingers like the legs of spiders reached out from within the maelstrom of paper slowly growing closer to her face. Julie felt her eyes being dislodged from her skull. The pain was immense, but with a POP Julie's eyes no longer belonged to her. The wind halted and the ash drifted to the floor. All that remained were Julie's screams in the night.