Good Morning Mrs. Davis

©JRF2016

I blink my eyes open in the safety of our new home and was eye to eye with those shimmering blues of Reid Davis.  "Good morning Mrs. Davis," he says smiling at me as he leans in for a sweet, soft kiss.  "God, I love hearing you say that," I respond, "I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing it."  He nuzzles into my neck at this point and I could feel him smiling against my skin.  He starts kissing me as his hand roams my body.  He pulls me closer to his own and I can feel the heat radiating off his skin.  He lets out a slow moan which I return.  I stop his kiss, "Your daughter's going to be awake soon, Chief."  He nods his head smiling.  "They are already up. Charlie took her outside to play so we have the whole house to ourselves."  I slide back down in the bed pressing my lips to his as the moment heats back up.

        I jump in the shower as Reid gets dressed to join the others outside. It was a cold shower but it still feels nice to actually get a shower.  I was daydreaming when a pair of arms slip around me startling me back into reality. I scream as Reid places a hand over my mouth. "It's just me," he said.  I playfully swat his chest, "You scared the shit out of me!" He kisses me again before apologizing. After we finish play time, Reid leaves me to finish my shower. I slowly get dressed listening to the sounds of our group outside, happy and safe.  I walk outside to join them and see Reid running around with Grace. A smile grows on my face.  "Yeah, the Sheriff worked ya over good, huh?" Conner says walking up to my side and slinging an arm over my shoulder. I shove him.  "Shut up." I flip him off as Darrick joins us.

"Reid actually let you out of the bedroom for a while?" He asks laughing. I roll my eyes and flip him the finger too. Reid looks up and sees me with the Dillon brothers and walks over. He puts his arm around my waist and kisses the top of my head.

"What's going on over here?" Conner and Darrick just laugh. Reid looks down at me, "Sorry, guess they are giving you hell." I nod.

"Yeah, they are but they can't help their immaturity."

        We had made this a real home. We had crops and Conner and Darrick went hunting for our meats. We've been safe here for so long it feels like we could just live out the rest of our lives here and be happy. We had real beds, real houses and yards. We set up shifts for watch at the gates, we had to keep the walker situation under control. Lesson learned from the prison. We ate dinner together as a group every night before retiring to our separate houses. Reid was on watch tonight. I took Grace inside and put her down for the night. Charlie walks in behind me. "Night Rachel," he said yawning.

"Good night, kid," I say laughing, "I mean Charlie." With the kids asleep I lay there in the bed but I couldn't fall asleep myself. I get up and look out the window at my blue eyed sheriff keeping watch over his town. I smile as I slide on my boots and I walk over to the wall.  I climb the ladder and Reid turns around grabbing my hand to help me up.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked as he kisses me.

"Thought you could use some company," I told him, "Couldn't sleep without you next to me anyway."

"You've got watch in the morning you need your sleep."

"Nah, I'll can see if Conner will cover for me tomorrow." I say wrapping my arm around Reid. We sat down in the chairs I had carried up there earlier, and huddled together for some warmth. The night was uneventful and now the sun was starting to come up. The orange spread across the sky and lit up Reid's features. My body was burning at the sight of him in that orange glow. "Cathy's coming up, maybe she'll cover instead of Conner." I say glancing over my shoulder and trying to act cool.

"Good," Reid says smiling and keeping his eyes straight ahead, "Because I'm ready to get you back home."

        Charlie stops Cathy on her way over and they talk for a minute before he starts walking over to the gate. He climbs up and Reid takes his hand. "I'm taking watch for Cathy this morning," Charlie says, "I want to help, dad." Reid smiles and pats him on the head.