21. What was that??

Heya! I'm back again with the new update and I hope you all will like it

New cover by phoenix_alpha

_____________________________________

Adrian's P.O.V.

(Flashback)

I was on my way back to similar path towards the lake. As usual I'm way back early according to my gut feeling. God it's slippery here. Finally, after twenty minutes I reached the lake, but to my surprise I saw her sitting on stone with her head low. I can see her cute pink bicycle parked under a nearby tree.

I got near her and hug her from back. She screamed in the surprise, damn she is loud.

"Jesus Susan you're so loud" she turned her face around and I can see a little bit of pinkish blush start to form on her cheeks.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Adrian I thought it's someone else. " She apologized immediately. I sigh at her absent mindedness no-one know this place. It's our secret meeting place. How could it be someone else?

"I nearly had a heart attack why you want to meet me so badly." I came back home a few hours back from New York. I was planning to meet her tomorrow, but she called and insisted to meet today.

"Because of this. Here, read it." She pushed an envelope toward me. I open it and took out the document. My eyes nearly popped out of the sockets. Is it real or it's a joke.

"They're sending you to Harvard's." A tear slipped out of her eyes. Instantly she wiped it with the back of her hand. I knew this would happen one-day, of course her dad studied there, her grandfather did too. So she has to go there, to follow the family trend.

"Why are you crying you deserve to be there?" I shushed her. I sat by her side and hug her. God she only wishes to be at the NYU with me so we can be together forever. Not going to lie so as me, I want her to be with me there. But Harvard is big opportunity I can't be selfish.

"I work so hard to be at the NYU, to be with you" That's true, she did work hard to be there. I don't how come they didn't reply to her. I wish she could be there with me. But it's so selfish of me. She got admission in the best college.

"It's ok baby, now stop crying you look ugly when you cry." With that, she wipes her tears and start giggling.

"What if you get a new girlfriend?" Awe she's worried about that.

"That I will, but you don't ever try replacing me ever." I told her truthfully and I mean it.

"Why? That's not fair." she said in fake angry tone.

"You know I'll never find another girl after being with you Susan and even if I find one, I'll come back at you, but what I mean is, if any, other guy finds you he'll not let you go silly girl." Honestly I would never leave her side I love her and I'm truthful with my intentions.

"Adrian it's same with me, I promise you, I'll never replace you, even if you leave me."

"That will never happen even in your wildest dreams" I said while smiling at her.

(Present)

I'm still amazed by that thought. Right now everything is so different now, back then we can't even spent a single day without being around each other. But now all was gone, she left and I let her go too. I know she thinks of me as cheat, a guy who she won't ever see again.

I betrayed her when she needed me, I know I'm responsible for all the problems between us. After our breakup, I tried my best to see her once just tell her my side of reality. I know Lisa told her some shit about me which she learnt from some people which was far away from the reality.