Chapter 4

I tried wiggling my body to shake off that gross feeling under my skin. I felt my stomach turn, making me want to throw up. I gulped the air to help that feeling go away and continued making breakfast. As I turned to put the bowls of fruit on the table I saw Brahms standing a few feet away. I set them on the table as Brahms took a seat. I plate each of us two crepes filled with Nutella and topped with some whip cream. To be honest, I did not want to eat with him at all. I could already feel the awkwardness. As I scooped up some strawberries and blueberries to put on my crepes, I saw Brahms staring at me.

Slightly angered I asked, "Are you gonna eat?"

He nodded and scratched at his head.

" You have to take off your mask then," I said.

He held the sides of his mask with shaky hands and lifted it from his face. His thin curls fell to his forehead. He had a few scars, but they were barely visible. He had a cute baby face. He looks just as handsome as in the old photos of him when he was little. His big hazel eyes stared at me innocently, hidden behind them lies his horrible past.

" Have you ever had crepes before?" I asked.

He shook his head.

" You eat it like this," I said as I got up.

Brahms posture turned stiff. He grew alert with his eyes wide. Watching my every move. I grabbed the fork and placed it in his hand. Along with the knife in his other. I put my hands on his and moved his hands so that he cut a piece of the crepe off. My hands were tiny compared to his. He let go the silverware, so that only I held onto it. I guess he wants me to feed him. I lifted the fork up to his mouth. He opened it and leaned forward, then started chewing. When I heard him swallow, he pushed me aside and started shoving the food down his throat. Wow, he must be really hungry..

I sat back down in my chair and continued eating in a much slower pace than Brahms. I was about 3/4 of the way done eating when suddenly Brahms got up. He put on his mask and said with a monotone voice, " Time to read."

" After I finish eating okay?"

When I said that he came over and slid my plate and silverware off the table. The plate left shattered in pieces on the ground.

I gasped in fear, " Okay, fine...Let's read."

I followed him into the library. I sat in one of the chairs as Brahms searched for a book. He came over and handed me the thickest one there. He sat, chris-cross applesauce, in front of me. As I read, I would yawn a few times and my head would drop.

" Brahms," I said, " I'm tired of reading. Can I stop now?"

He nodded his head. I gave a good look at him. He was filthy, "Why don't you go take a bath?"

Brahms agrees but doesn't move.

" What wrong?" I asked.

" You have to bathe me."

" Oh...Okay..." I say, cheeks flushed.

I followed him upstairs and into the bathroom. I ran warm water into the tub and filled it with lots of bubbles.

" There," I said.

He tilted his head in confusion, " I said you have to bathe me."

" You're a grown man, you can do it yourself. Anyways, I need to wash myself up too."

I walked out of the bathroom and heard Brahms say something under his breath.

After taking a shower I went downstairs. Everything thing was quiet, Brahms was nowhere to be found. Maybe he was somewhere inside the walls. I was just about to walk past the front entrance when I noticed something. It was free of chains and locks. My body was taken over by excitement as I reached for the door. But stopped short. My hand levitating over the handle of the door. I looked back, staring at the stairs, the ceiling, the chandelier, and the walls. I took my hand away slowly and put it to my side.

Why didn't I want to leave?