Chapter 10

" Brahms, I know you hear me! I need to talk to you!" I yelled while walking around the house.

I saw him coming out of the walls, through a secret passage way near the stairs. I stomped over to him with one hand on my hip.

" Why?!" I asked.

He tilted his head in confusion.

" You know what you did! Don't act like you're so innocent."

" Rule #1 No guests," He said as he held up the rules," And...He was a bad guy, (y/n)."

" No, he wasn't. He was my friend...Are you going to do this to me all the time? If I bring another friend over will you act up like that?"

He shrugged.

I let out a frustrated grunt, " Brahms, I-I can't live like this. I want to go out and have fun sometimes. I want to have somewhat a normal life." I grabbed the rules from him and held it up, "This...this isn't normal. I think it's time to let go of the rules."

" No!" Brahms quickly replied.

" Fine, not all. How about we start slow. I take off at least one rule each week."

Brahms stayed silent, thinking about it.

" How does that sound? Starting tomorrow...There will be no rules against having guests."

" No. Because then, you'll bring that man back," he said.

" Please? Do it for me- do it for us?"

" Okay...If it will make you happy," Brahms voice sounded upset as he looked down at his feet, "But, he'll try to take you away from me."

" Aw Brahms," I said," he won't do that. I wouldn't let him."

" Good. If he ever tries to make you leave me, I'll kill him."

When Brahms said that I knew he was serious. His voice sent chills down my spine. A question popped into my head. Would...would Brahms ever try to kill me? If, I ever did leave him, would he?

I stared up at his mask and into his cold, dark eyes.

" I think it's time for bed now."

Brahms agreed and we heading upstairs and into his room. I tucked him into bed and leaned forward to give him a peck on the cheek. My lips fell in contact with his mask.

" In about 5 weeks from now there will be no more kisses goodnight. That's gonna be a hard one to let go of, isn't it?" I laughed, but stopped because it got awkward. I don't think Brahms found it funny.

After, I went into my room and called Ryan, to apologize for what happened.

" Hello?"

" Hey, it's (y/n)." I replied

" Oh hey."

" I'm sorry." We said at the same time.

" No, no, I'm sorry," Ryan apologized, " I acted like a jerk."

" Yeah, you were kind of a jerk," I laughed.

" Haha, yeah...How about we start over? Next week, on Saturday, you wanna come to my place? Maybe, watch a movie together?"

" That's sounds great! I'll be there." I said.

" Be at the Odeon Cinema on Riversway around 8, okay?"

" Okay," I said, " I'm gonna go to sleep now," I yawned.

" I guess I will too. Goodnight, (y/n)."

" Goodnight!" I said.

After we hung up, I laid in bed and fell asleep instantly.

As morning came, I went about the routine. I opened the door to Brahms' room and saw that he wasn't there. His bed was made and there were no clothes on the rocking chair. I guess he got himself ready today. That's weird. I began walking downstairs and smelled a wonderful aroma. It was coming from the kitchen. Brahms was near the stove, cooking up something. On the dining table were plates of bacon and eggs and two glasses of orange juice. It looked and smelled delicious. I moved over toward Brahms and looked in the pan. He was making chocolate chip pancakes.

" Wow Brahms, I didn't know you could cook." I said.

He jumped up from being startled, then nodded and pointed to the cookbook near the sink. I heard the ding of a timer go off. Brahms then brings the pan over to the plates and slides the pancakes onto each of them. As he turned to put the pan back on the stove, I noticed he had some flour on his hair.

" Brahms," I said. He turned to me," You have a little-...Here." I said while walking closer to him. I lifted my hands up and started pulling on his curls and whacking the flour gently out of his hair. As I was doing so, I felt Brahms' gaze. I looked up and my eyes met with his. I put my hands down slowly away from his mask, not breaking the stare. He put one hand on my waist and pulled me closer. His eyes left mine. He was now staring at my lips. He tilted his head slightly and slowly dipped his head. His lips, only a few inches away from mine.