Chapter 20

When I finally arrived in Ohio, I got my luggage and headed to the pick-up area. I called for a taxi and the driver brought me to a place where I rented a car. I drove to myself to the hotel and settled in. My room was pretty big. It had a queen sized bed, flat screen tv, a nice view of the mall, restaurants, and stores. I rested for a little while because I was really exhausted from the long flight here. It's 2am in Ohio right now, I wonder what my family is doing. I didn't tell them I was coming because I wanted it to be a surprise. A few minutes after, I drove to their house. The front door was left open so I just walked in. My dad was the first one to see me. He was laying on the couch watching tv, he squinted his eyes at me. After finally realizing I was really there, he got up and hugged me.

" (Y/n), what are you doing here?" He said.

" I came to visit."

" Honey! Leilah! Come here!" He yelled.

My mom soon came out, along with my 8 year old sister, Leilah.

" What is it?" My mom asked.

When they saw me, their jaws dropped. I hugged them both and told them how much I missed them.

" How are you sweetie?" Asked my mom.

" I'm doing good."

" How's your job going?" Dad asked.

" Uh...I-it's great. I get paid a lot for babysitting and working in the hospital."

" Thats nice. Are you hungry?"

" Yeah," I said as I went into the kitchen.

My mom gave me a plate of lasagna. As I took my first bite, I almost cried. I missed my mom's cooking so much.

" Are you staying here forever?" My sister asked.

" No, only for a week."

She frowned, "When will you come back?"

" I-I don't know, Leilah. I'm planning on living there."

" What? You are?" Asked my mom.

" Yeah...I met someone and I have a job there so..."

" You have a boyfriend?" Leilah asked.

I nodded.

" But, all your family is over here," my mom said, "You can't do that to us."

" Yes she can, she's an independent woman now. If she chooses to live there then let her."

" Thanks Dad," I said, " I can always visit you guys! I might not be able to see you as often but we'll still be able to see eachother."

My mom shook her head but said it was okay to.

" So, who's your boyfriend?" She asked.

" His name is...Brahms."

" Brahms? That's a cool name. How has he been treating you?"

" Great." I lied.

I was starting to think about Brahms again so I quickly changed the subject. We started talking about the rest of the family and what they've been doing for the past few months. Throughout my week of staying there, I couldn't enjoy myself as much as I wanted to. Where ever I went and whatever I do, I thought about Brahms. I could barely sleep at night knowing that he wasn't with me. I bet Brahms is doing fine since he doesn't care about me anymore.