Chapter 16

As I was getting ready to go to work, I accidentally woke up Brahms. I strolled over to him and started taking off layers of my clothes. Brahms sat up in bed with a "what are you doing?" look on his face.

I coughed in disgust and unbottoned my shirt to show him my neck. I pointed to the red, purplish blue marks and acted like I didn't know what he did.

" What is this?" I asked.

Brahms squinted his eyes to get a better look at it, then shrugged, " I don't know..."

" You don't?" I said with one hand on my hip.

Brahms shook his head.

" What magazines or books have you been reading? You know I have to go to work with this now. It hasn't even been a full day yet and you're already-..."

Brahms tilted his head, " I'm already what, (y/n)?"

" You're already trying to, to-!!...I don't have time for this," I said as I put my jacket on, " I'm going to work. I'll be home at 10."

~•~

As I arrived, everyone in the hospital seemed sad and depressed.

" What's going on?" I asked my co-worker.

" It's Ryan. He's missing," she said.

I knew this day would come. Time to bring out my acting skills.

" What do you mean he's missing?" I asked.

" He hasn't been at work for a few weeks now and no one has seen or heard from him since then."

I stared blankly around the room, " This is horrible," I said, "To die out of nowhere. Just like that."

" I-I never said he died," she said, " His body hasn't been found so there is a possibility that he could still be alive. Do you know something I don't?"

I waved my hands rapidly, " No, no. I'm sorry I thought you said...Like, that he died- I must've misheard something."

She raised an eyebrow at me, " Weren't you guys close? I'd see you two flirting when you see each other around the halls. And for someone who was good friends with him, you don't seem too sad about it. Should I be worried?"

Sad puppies, sad puppies. Think about sad puppies.

I managed to make a tear fall out from my eyes. I sniffled, " No, I've just been holding it in," I said as I wiped the tear, " he was one of my friends. How could this have happened?"

She rubbed my back and apologized.

" Okay, we should get back to work now. Take it easy will you?"

Oh I will.

" I'll try," I said as I walked away with my head hanging low.

Note: You guys were expecting a smut weren't you?? I've never wrote one before so I don't know how it'll come out if I ever did. Anyways, sorry for the boring chapter. I had to bring Ryan's existence up sometime in the story. He can't just disappear without anyone noticing. XD Also, I had a really bad headache and tummy ache yesterday as well as feeling the need to throw up, but, I feel a little better today. Okay bye now! 🤗