Chapter 4

His breathing grew rapid and heavy. Blood oozed from his cuts and he felt way too tired to move. He was pretty sure he had bruised a few ribs from falling from a tall height.

It all happened so fast that not even Peter could remember what he had done to escape the helicopter. Normally S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and Nick Fury were very difficult to overcome, but apparently, mutants such as himself are capable of doing anything they set their mind to.

There were flashes of the memory. Kicks were flying, guns fired, the helicopter spun out of control. But Peter's massive headache forbade him to member the specifics and what he was thinking at the moment.

As he lied on the top of a building, he began to wonder about his parents. They must be worried that he hadn't showed up. He must be a couple hours past his curfew.

"Well, well, well..." Deadpool tsked. "Honestly never thought I'd see you twice in one night, baby boy."

No response. Not even a twitch.

Deadpool laid next to him and stared at Spiderman with dreamy eyes. He said, "Not even a word? No struggle? Damn, what the hell did they do to you?" Wade laughed.

Next thing he knew, the merc found himself pinned to the floor with a knee digging in his back and his arm twisted behind his back. "Huh. Kinda picture this the other way around. On my bed. With candles..."

"Let me ask you this, Merc," Peter hissed. "Does money really mean everything to you? Money really talks to you, huh?"

"As if you wouldn't do the same? OW OW OW OW!" The knee dug even deeper. "Damn, you're strong."

"You're the most confusing man alive. You say you're into me but you don't seem to have a problem turning me in to S.H.I.E.L.D. for a couple bucks." Peter shook his head and chuckled darkly. "Although I'm not surprised. You do this for a living. You don't care for others, you have no remorse."

"You're going to lecure me, aren't you?"

"I'm a vigilante, Wade. I don't report to the authorities of any kind."

"Wow."

"What?"

"You're a freelancer like me."

Peter rolled his eyes under his mask. "Yes, I am."

"Yay! That's another thing we have in common!" Wade cheered.

"My God you're so annoying!" Peter yelled. "I intend to keep my identity a secret."

Wade suddenly thought the himself. Was Peter like him? Was Peter also self-conscious about his looks? Is that why he wore a mask? Wade had thought of what Peter looked like several times. More times than normal. But when was he ever normal?

Peter was thrown off when Wade flipped them over so he was on top, putting his ful weight on the younger boy. Peter writhed under him, the pressure adding more pain to his injuries.

"You amaze me, ya know," Wade said. "You escape S.H.I.E.L.D. in less than ten minutes then took a fall from a hundred feet. And now you try to prove you're somewhat stronger than me. Oh you're cute my Spidey-widey." He rubbed his cheek against his.

Peter tried to push his head away. "Get off, you creep. How the hell do you even find me."

"I was strolling then I saw you fall. I thought 'Ooooh that had to hurt.' Wanted to make sure you're OK, Spidey-widey."

"Stop calling me that."

"You can't tell me what to do!" Wade replied childishly. "Look whose on top!"