Chapter 26

AN: Guess who's back? Back again? I know, I know, it's been forever. I was going through a lot with high school and now adjusting to college life. That and my TikTok addiction lol. This chapter is short! Just letting you know, just wanted to tease yall a bit ;) Enjoy

...

Weeks had gone by and everything seemed fine.

Albeit, there was still tension in the house ever since the whole incident, but Steve and Tony made it clear to pretend that everything was fine so things could go back to normal. All to prevent arguments and fighting with their son. 

Steve was more of the glue, however. It was clear that Tony was still bothered by Peter's secrets that he hadn't even talked to his son since they took his suit and phone away. So Steve would do everything he can to lighten the mood with family dinners and positive energy.

Then one day, Peter took them by surprise.

"Good morning, Pops. Hey, Dad," he said with a bright smile and sat at the table.

The adults looked at each other in worry.

"You seem cheery," Clint pointed out. "Something happening today?"

Peter continued with a smile, "Nothing special. Just looking forward to some events ahead. Like my birthday, prom, graduation. And I have Gwen and Harry to help me with it."

Steve couldn't believe it. Peter was actually having a conversation with them again? Maybe it's because his birthday is in four days. He knew what that meant - that Peter would be an adult, and chances are, would fight to gain back his freedom to be Spiderman and see Wade again. While he was scared as to what that would unfold, Steve was beyond happy that his son wasn't angry anymore.

Natasha narrowed her eyes at Tony's newspaper, "What does it say on the cover?"

Tony checked, "Masked Villain Causes Chaos. It's a bit vague, something about someone roaming the streets causing trouble."

Peter read the paragraph as well, saying how there's a possible threat on the streets at night. It seems that the only thing this person was reported for was vandalism. The teen rolled his eyes, knowing this story too well. It was like with Spiderman, how he was doing good but people think the opposite. 

"Hmm we better keep an eye on this one," Steve said. "Anyhow, Peter are you walking to school today?"

Before Peter could say yes, Tony butted in, "Of course not, Happy is driving him like always."

Steve had the unbelievable urge to rip that newspaper out of his husband's face and yell, but instead took a deep breath to calm himself down.

Peter said, "Yeah, I figured. It's fine though, I like talking with Happy. See you guys later."

Once he left, Clint spoke out, "He's up to something. Something don't feel right."

"Maybe he got over the grounding," Steve suggested. "I'm just happy that he is talking to us again. Now we don't have to force something out of him." He waited for his husband's input, but frowned when he kept reading the newspaper. 

The next three days were the same, yet something made just a tiny bit eerie.

Peter would just walk around with a smile and engage in conversation. Bruce noticed his behavior the most. Since his punishment started, he would have Peter watch him while he worked since that's something Peter's been doing since he was a child. During said time, he would talk about Wade. Now, it's like he doesn't know Wade. He doesn't bring him up anymore. 

But there was something in Peter's eyes. It lacked a certain spark. Did taking his suit and love life away from him did more damage than they thought?

"Whatcha working on there, Uncle Bruce?" Peter asked.

Bruce answered, "This is some serums to help if any one of us is gravely injured. Hopefully something that could heal us in less than a minute. Really trying to speed up the recovery process."

"You know, I'd be inclined to believe you," Peter chuckled a bit, "if I didn't see samples of my DNA on the table."

Bruce froze a bit and tried to think of something quick. 

"Plus I'm a bit of an eavesdropper," the teen added, "and I've heard you and Dad talking about, hmm what was it exactly? Taking my powers away." He laughed at how shocked his uncle looked. "I hope you know you are wasting your time with that. Not only is the spider DNA part of my DNA and removing it could kill me, but..."

Bruce turned to see Peter just a foot away from him.

"I wouldn't let you," Peter finished with a grin that sent chills down Bruce's spine. 

Bruce backed away when he saw that the edges of Peter's face turned black. "P-Peter. There's something inside you, isn't there? A symbi - " He stopped when Peter put a syringe on his neck and he fell to the floor. Asleep. 

"You can come out to play," Peter sang to the monster as he looked in a mirror.

"We'll get your freedom back," Venom smiled. "Tonight."