Chapter 15

Sometimes Peter looks back to the day he first met Loki. He was safely returned home because the god had a change in heart.

That was the first life he saved.

He was born to be a hero. He knew it was his destiny to protect others from harm. Nothing was going to change that.

Wade knew his boyfriend long enough to know that he will never give up Spiderman. But he felt bad for him. Not only is he putting himself at harm, but his own family are his enemies.

Right now the two were sitting on a skyscraper, looking out into the night sky in silence. 

Wade couldn't help but wonder how Peter fought his family just now. They weren't injured but he always thought that Peter wouldn't use his powers against him. Yes, Peter defended himself, but he remembered how Peter would say he wouldn't use his powers against his family.

Peter could never think going against his family. He feared that one day he'll just snap and lose control. The voice in his head wasn't helping him at all. It was instigating him. 

"Why did you give me your name?" Wade asked suddenly.

Peter looked at him confused.

"When we first met. You gave me your name."

Peter had to think about this carefully because he didn't even know why. He didn't have to give Wade his name, and he was supposed to keep that hidden. "I don't know. I think maybe at the time I found you...interesting."

"Well I can't argue with that."

"I think a part of me wanted you to know me just a little. I mean, I couldn't stand your ass at first. But you made my life not so boring. I mean, being a superhero isn't boring, but everyday felt the same." Peter smiled to himself. "You make my life more adventurous." 

Wade grinned and poked his boyfriend's cheek. "You're so adorable, you know Spidey?"

"Why'd you ask?"

"Sometimes I need reassurance," Wade admitted. 

Peter knew there was more to it than that. Since when is Wade this serious? Peter felt nervous and waited for the merc to continue.

"I know we haven't known each other long. And our situation doesn't help. With me being older, your family after you. But this is honestly the best relationship I've ever been in," Wade confessed. "And I don't want this to end. Whatever obstacles there's going to be I'll face them head on. You make me really happy Peter and for once in my life I'm not alone."

Wade didn't dare look at the younger, afraid that he said too much. He hoped that Peter felt the same, and that he wants to continue this relationship. The mercenary is entitely committed. 

He felt his mask being raised above his lips. Peter then pressed his lips against his' softly. Wade smiled into the kiss before Peter pulled away.

"Wade," he said. "You make me happy."

"No joke?"

"No joke, you goofball. I'm serious about us. You thought I wasn't?"

Wade shrugged. "Again, I need reassurance."

Peter paused before moving his hands back to Wade's mask. Wade pulled back but when Peter gave him a stern look he gave in. Peter slowly took off his mask to reveal all of Wade's scars.

His face was covered with scars.

He observed them all and gently cupped his cheek.

"What? Never seen someone so handsome?" Wade joked to cover his insecurity.

Peter shook his head. "No, I have not."

"R-really?"

"You're beautiful, Wade."

"Do you see the scars?"

Peter rolled his eyes and said flirtatiously, "Well, maybe I like scars." Then he winked, making Wade chuckle.

"Hey! I'm supposed to be the flirtatious one in this relationship!"

"Wade, if this relationship is going to work we need to trust each other. I'm not going anywhere because of some scars. It's gonna take a lot more than that to get rid of me."

Trust.

Peter felt guilty saying so. He has yet to tell Wade about his condition. But how could he? This was terrifying. He needed to know what he has before he can confess.

But what if time runs out?

Peter's thoughts were interrupted with a bruising kiss.

"You turned me into a sap," Wade said.

"Oh shut up. I need to go home. Have a project to do. And don't follow me, babe."

Peter went home without drawing suspicion when he realized his family was in the building. When he made it to his room he took out a camera.

He sat across from it and began to record.

"Well, here goes nothing."