Chapter 10

Teresa's P.O.V

When we reached the beach, my husband introduced me to Mr. and Mrs. Parker, an old couple but with lots of youth and romance in their heart, celebrating their 40th anniversary and our so-called "clients" in front of whom we had to act like a lovely typically in love couple. Mr. Ryan Parker, in his mid-60s looked very handsome with his blue eyes, charming smile and his tan muscular body, Mrs. Jane Parker, not much younger but fairer than her husband had charismatic personality and a mischievous spark in her light brown eyes, reminding me of my mother-in-law. They looked perfect together, a perfect couple, madly in love with each other and looking like a newly married couple on their honeymoon but actually celebrating their 40th marriage anniversary. Aww.

Before coming to Hawaii.

Teresa: Why should I pretend to be a happy typically in love with you?

Ryouma: Because they're very important and old client of ours and this deal is very important.

Teresa: What does that has to do with us?

Ryouma: They are typical old and hopelessly romantic couple. Mr. Parker is like an old grumpy grandpa and very hard to deal with and a very influential personality and only a fool would like to be on his bad side. Last time I met him it took all my energy to stand up to him with his rude comments without retorting back.

I can imagine them. It must have been hard for Mr. Monkey to ignore his comments because he himself is like Mr. grumpy grandpa.

"Normally my dad would handle every deal with him.." he continues "because my dad is kind of his favorite why? because they both are hopeless when it comes to their wife. But this time I have to handle him all by myself. so to make it easy we'll have to pretend to be "totally in love with each other" couple. Now are we clear?"

aww I love that look on his face right now. Worried, helpless because he can't do anything without me, he needs me. Hehehe..

"Okay. I get it. So we'll have to pretend to be a perfect romantic couple." I state it out.

"yes." He nods.

"But why should I do it?"

"Didn't I explain it to you, just now?"

"yeah but why should I do anything I hate for your stupid business deal? I don't see any reason to help you."

"You agreed you'll help me whenever needed, that's why we're in a contract marriage?"

"yes husband but this contract was with our mutual consent so we should have mutual benefits but no matter how I look at it, you're the only one that gets the benefit here. What would I get if I help you out with this?"

"wah! So, you're trying to make a deal, yea?" He finally figures out what I'm implying to.

"why shouldn't I? My dad and my husband are great business man and my husband loves deals and contracts. So I'm just learning from him. And why should I do something as hateful as pretend to be in love with you just for the sake of your business deal?" There's no way I'm going to help him for free.

"Fine. if you help me out of this..."

"Yes. if I help you out? then what?"

"then I would do anything you'd wish ?" That's the most tempting offer. He IS a businessman. Duh.

"wait come again I think I'm dreaming? did you just say you'll do anything I ask you to?"

"yes."

"anything?"

"yes. anything."

"Wow... I feel like I just got a genie from fairy tale who completes his master's 3 wishes." I can use it to trouble him or even better make him my servant.