Epilogue

Ryouma's P.O.V

I look at my wife's face as she sleeps peacefully. I love how I'm an early riser; I get to gaze at her lovely face to my heart's content. I never thought she would become so important to me, important than my work. I brush her hair off her face and tuck it behind her ear. I love her to the point it that it scares the shit out of me, what would I do if she ever leaves me again.

When she threw me out of her house, I really thought my life was over. My world crumbled down and I didn't know what to do. At first, I was angered and I immediately came back. I cursed Rihito thousands of time, well he was the one who came up with his freaking stupid idea to call her at the hotel like that. I cursed myself sending her dad away...making her cry... again... By the time I got home, I was dead drunk, I couldn't even stand let alone walk. I don't even know how I got myself inside my room without breaking my legs or few of my bones. As I took every step inside the house it reminded me of her. The kitchen she blew off to prepare breakfast for me, the entire house she made me run after her threatening me with the contract. When I reached my room, it got worse, my room filled with memories, memories of her, memories of us... The room she drew lines, when I got her angry on her birthday, bed where she fought for the sides she would sleep in, her sleeping habits throwing me off my bed, the couch where she constantly annoyed me shouting into my ears, washroom we would fight for who would use it first, each and every thing in the room reminded me of her.... "Argh! How am suppose to live here?" I cried for the first time in my life. I started throwing things one after another. Breaking, throwing things didn't get me anywhere I would have rather to burn the entire house to get rid of her memories. No, I would have to get rid of myself to get rid of her memories...her anger, her smile, her blushing face, her chattering, her crying face haunted me.

My position, my power, my money nothing could get her back to me. I burnt down everything, everything was useless. I passed out.

The next morning I woke up numb, I didn't want to wake up at all, I just wanted to sleep at least I could have in my dreams. Then I saw her smiling down at me, making faces at me, she came back, I smiled, she sat beside me yelling at me "I am shouting at you and you're making fun of me?" I tried to touch her face but she slipped through my hands and disappeared. She isn't coming back, I've lost her forever... I slept again.

The next I woke up I found myself surround by doctors, nurses, my mom and dad. "What the hell?" I got up startled. "You idiot!" My mom started crying hugging me. "Why are you crying? What happened?" I looked at my hand attached to the I.V drip on the stand beside my bed. "I slept for two fucking days?!" I shouted. "Oh my head hurts." I held my head as I felt dizzy.

The next day mom started annoying me with her long lectures on food and what not? "Don't you get it? I'm not hungry. Just stop irritating me... I'll eat when I want to!" I shouted at her. "How dare you shout at me after all this?" She yelled back. "Mom, I don't want to fight! Go and let me sleep." I muttered as I covered my self under my blanket.

"You've been sleeping for three days already. God! You're unbelievable!" She yelled and stormed out of the room.

"Again? How many times should I tell you?" I yelled at the nurse who was again nagging me about my dinner. Can't they just leave me alone?

"But..."

"Are you deaf? Or your mind can't process my words? Don't you get a simple bloody thing? I don't want to eat. Now get out of my room and DO.NOT.BOTHER!"

"Why're you still--" I eyes widened as I saw HER in my door. She looked at me and back to the nurse then back at me. "You... are you real?" Or am I seeing things again? I narrowed my eyes at my imagination.

"What?" The imaginary Teresa shouts. Oh now she talks too?

"Can you see her too?" I asked the nurse at the door.