Chapter 44

"So, enjoying your birthday party?" Teresa asked her husband.

"Yeah. I was surprised when I heard you were the one who arranged it and I thought you didn't like these kind of parties." Ryouma raised his brows.

"I don't. But I know it's important for you, it's like an opportunity to interact with others expanding your business circle, right?" She smiled.

He nodded.

"Come on, I am a businessman's daughter and I'm groomed to be a perfect wife too. Even though I don't like and don't even fit in these kind of parties, I can easily handle it when I want to. Who do you take me for?" She narrowed her eyes.

"Of course you're a fine lady, dear wifey." Ryouma smiled.

"Looks like someone is here to steal my husband's time." She pointed a young man coming towards them.

"Takao enterprises, I think?" She said looking at the guy. Her husband smiled at her and nodded. She wouldn't have known before but now she did.

"Enjoy talking business." She smiled and was about to go when Ryouma held her back.

"Leaving your husband alone on his birthday? That's bad manners." He smiled at his wife.

"I am going to get your gift, but i'll stay if you don't want it." She shrugged.

"What gift?"

"Your birthday gift of course, husband. So can I?" She smiled.

"Come soon." He nodded.

"Oh, I didn't know you'll get lonely without me?" Teresa grinned.

"It's just that people will see my wife in a bad view if you just leave me alone. You want them to do so? cause I don't."

"Wow husband, you're unexpectedly sweet today. Birthday special?"

"May be." He chuckled.

"Sure." She smiled rolling her eyes and excused herself.

Teresa saw Ren carrying the gift she was waiting for and ran to him.

"Oh you brought it? Where's Rina and Ai? They went with you right?" She questioned.

"Yeah. But Ai got to go, something came up and Rina went with her. But tell me why is it so big? What's inside?" Ren questioned his bff.

"It's Teresa's gift, it should be big and of course special. And you know what's inside I showed you? You think he'll like it?" Teresa asked him excitedly.

"He'll love it." answered her mother in law hugging her from behind.

"I wouldn't have been able to do this without your help, mom." She hugged her mother in law.

"Yeah, he's lucky to have a wife like you. I don't believe you even cut your hair, I think you should say those three words along with this gift." suggested Ren.

"Happy birthday husband?"

"That you love him idiot." He flicked her forehead.

"Why should I? Let him say first. Haven't you heard the one who confesses first is at disadvantage? And the disadvantage is huge if you've got an arrogant husband like mine." She complained.

"That's right. Let my idiot son confess first." Supported her mother in law.

"Anyway guys, help me keep this in my room. I'll break it on my own." Teresa asked for help.

"Sure you guys go ahead, your dad is calling me." Her mother in law excused herself and went back to the party.

"Here, I'll carry it by myself." Ren took it back from Teresa's hands.