Chapter 43

Home

Teresa's P.O.V

Finally I succeeded today yay! But it's just 9 pm and I am sleepy already. I was a owl previously and a late riser but recently because of the office and plus the cookery classes now I became an early to bed and early to rise person.

"May be I should just sleep and wake up at 11:30." "No, don't sleep." I slapped myself. Not even god can wake me once I sleep what will an alarm do? So don't sleep and bear with it, just 3 hrs more. I can do it! I encouraged myself.

Argh! I've had enough. I scratched my head ruffling my hair. I got up from the bed and went to the couch where my husband was busy working on his laptop.

"Give me some work too." I told him bending to his ears.

He got startled. "You scared me." He shouted glaring at me. "And I thought finally, I was able to concentrate on my work with you in the room." He rolled his eyes.

"So, you can't concentrate with me in the room? Am I that much of a distraction?" I grinned.

"Yeah, chatterbox." He glared at me.

My smile disappeared. "Okay, I'm sorry." I glared back at him.

"But give me some work too." I plead.

"You don't have your own works to do?"

"I'm not like a certain someone to bring the office to home."

"Why do you want to work now? Isn't it your time to bed? Go sleep and let me work." He continued his work ignoring me.

"I wouldn't ask for work if I wanted to sleep right? It's because of you I'm unable to sleep so hurry up and give me some work." I accused him.

"Unable to sleep because of me? What did I do?" He looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"I mean, your continuous tapping on the keyboard is disturbing my sleep." I came up with an excuse.

"Normally even a music system wouldn't stop you from sleeping and now my typing does?" He mocked me. I know that was a stupid excuse, even I find it stupid.

"Yeah, it does. Stop arguing and just give me some work before I fall asleep... I mean I am insomniac so give me some work to do, please." I forced a smile, suppressing the urge to shout at him.

"Stop it, that smile is creepy." He made a disgusted face.

I stopped smiling.

"Here take it." He handed me a file.

"Wow, Mr.Mathew's file." I smiled and was about to take it.

"Forget it, it's too tough for you." He pulled the file back.

"How mean!" I pouted.

"Here this, you'll be able to do this." I was just about to take it but he pulled it back again.

"Actually forget it. Take this one instead it's easy for you." He gave me another file.

"Excuse me, aren't you forgetting I tied with you? that too in your dream project! What do mean by I won't be able to handle those files?" I glared at him.

"Let me remind you wife, your luck was strong that there was a tie between us. I don't trust anyone except me in my work so you should be grateful I am even sharing that file with you, got it?" He said proudly.

God! Can I give a flying kick on his face? I looked up and asked then I looked back at him.

"Fine!" I snatched the file from his hand.