Chapter 37

I did challenge him out of anger but there's no way I have a chance against them. I mean they are the best team. Sara the great architect, Rihito and last but not the least my husband himself. How will i win against them? 😭

Stupid me i should have kept quite, he provoked me and I gave in. Now after I lose he'll make sure to taunt me my entire life. No way, this can't be happening i'm not giving up yet! if I lose I'll lose with dignity, I'll at least minimize the huge gap between our works. I sigh again. I sighed for the 100th time with a mug of coffee in my hands in the cafeteria.

"Nice one sister. I knew you're the only one who can stand up to him." Rihito came and ruffled my hair.

"And i'm regretting it right now. I'm so stupid there's no way I'll win against your team." I pouted.

"I didn't know my sister was this weak, you're giving up without a fight? Who are you? Where's the fire princess who gives a tough time to my demon bestfriend? This is so not the demon queen i saw in the conference room."

"Demon queen is going to be defeated badly by the demon king." I shook my head. "But you're right, I'll not accept defeat before i give him a real tough fight. After all i have a reputation to keep." I said determined. 😏

"That's the spirit. Fighting!" He encouraged me making a fist.

"But you betrayed me, you're on his team so i won't go easy on you either." I turned to other side and pouted with my arms crossed. 🙅

"Haha, of course. But i didn't know I'll have to compete against you. I would have joined your team if i knew this would've happened. I swear!" He touched his neck swearing.

"But we'll still cheer for you." Sara smiled at me from the cafeteria's entrance.

"And someone joined his team too. Cheaters!" I cringed my nose and turned my face the other way. 😒

"Come on Teresa, don't be this way please." She made a puppy dog eyes.

"Just kidding." I smiled back at them.

Just then entered my husband. I immediately turned my face to other side.

"Hiding your face so soon? Well good, after you lose you'll be too embarrassed to show your face. It's good to practice." He taunted me.

This guy seriously knows how to get on my nerves.

"No thank you. Maybe you should practice to hide your face because after i win you'll be the one to hide your face and run." i retorted.

"Only in your dreams."

"What's with your overconfidence?"

"It's called believing in your self. It's better than having no confidence at all." he smirked.

I got quiet. I haven't said sorry to him yet and we've gotten into another argument now.

"What's wrong chatter box? Cat got your tongue?" he mocked me.

"Why are you here?" i glared at him.

"It's my office, I'll be wherever i want. And you're sitting here quite comfortably, don't you have to prepare for the presentation? And i don't see your team, do you even have one? Or are you already planning to lose?"

"Why not worry for yourself? I've still got a week to prepare."

"Actually at this rate you don't have to plan to lose at all. I can already see my victory, and you know my dear wifey I never lose."

"And you know husband, there's always a first time for everything?"

"We'll see."

"Of course." We both glared at each other.