Chapter 28

Teresa's P.O.V

Mom and dad are on a holiday and my husband is on a business trip so I'm staying at Rina's place.

"I won't call him, why should I?" I threw the phone on the bed.

"Then pick his call up." Rina said changing the channel on TV.

"No. Why should I?" I crossed my arms and pouted.

"Then stop irritating me. You miss him call him or pick up his call but don't eat my ears out." Rina said irritated.

"What do I do Rina? My plan backfired on me." I cried.

"I know, i know. But it didn't backfire actually it's just that you fell for him too." Rina winked.

"Too? And you are very sure he likes me back?" I pouted.

"Only an idiot won't be sure. Don't be stubborn and just pick up the call." Rina pointed at the ringing phone.

"Okay. Hello?" I picked up the call without looking at the screen.

"Ah! yes John." It was my dad's secretary's call.

"What?" I widened my eyes and dropped the phone.

"What happened?" Rina looked at me.

"Dad...is in hospital!" I told her crying.

Hospital

"How did this happen?" I asked John crying.

"He had mini heart attacks from past 1 year, but he didn't want to tell you. Our company was facing loss from past 6 months, and his condition worsened. Our company is bankrupt and he had heart attack." John explained.

"But how come I don't know anything about this?" I cried holding my head.

"He didn't want you to know about this but this time I got scared, it's a major heart attack. Despite of him not wanting to tell you anything I couldn't stop myself." John looked at me sadly.

"Doctor, how is he?" I asked the doctor as soon as he came out of the operation theater.

"Operation was successful, he's stable right now but he needs some rest." Doctor assured.

John handed me the notices from the bank, papers of our company and our home.

"I don't know what to do!" I cried and Rina hugged me rubbing my back.

I decided to call my husband.

"Ryouma...I..dad... I don't know what to do.... can you come?" I said in between my cries.

"hello? hello?" I looked at my cell phone and now my battery's dead too.

"Rihito is on his way." Rina patted my back.

"Teresa?" Someone called me and I turned back.

It was Ren, my childhood friend.

"Oh my god! It's really you, what a pleasant surprise." He waved happily.

"Ren!" I hugged him and cried.

"Hey! What's wrong?"Ren hugged me back.

"Hi Ren. Her dad is in ICU." Rina said with tears on her eyes.

Ryouma's P.O.V

As soon as I reached the airport, late at night, I had every information about the situation. Rihito called me and told me he's reached the hospital and already informed my mom and dad. I immediately went to the office.

"Just you wait a little, Teresa. I will sort out everything." I murmured.

After all night's paper work and meetings with the investors, everything is finally under control. I immediately left for the hospital to my wife.