Chapter 18

The kidnappers found Teresa and Hana outside and brought them back.

Teresa still unconscious, tied to a chair, with Hana kept in a separate room, the kidnappers called Ryouma but were terrified when they heard Ryouma's threat.

"There's no way he'll find us." They thought.

Teresa was traumatized by the gun shot. Now she was remembering things which she deleted from her mind about her past, her past encounters with her kidnappers. When she was small she used to get kidnapped a lot because of her dad's money. Every time she got kidnapped Ryouma used to be with her and they didn't encounter any violence during the kidnapping. But when Ryouma's family shifted to New York, she got kidnapped again but this time she had to face violence which traumatized her. After rescuing her she was brought to the hospital where the doctor's informed, Teresa suffering from Amnesia, she had deleted all her memories before and of the incident. And now after all these years, the gun shot triggered her trauma.

For few hours Teresa screamed and cried in the room until she lost consciousness and when she woke up she would cry again.

After few hours when they came to check upon Teresa she had trouble breathing and had fallen down along with the chair, when they tried to approach her her screams became louder and seeing her like they were scared, didn't know what to do. They just wanted to kidnap the child and get the ransom but here they were facing a different problem!

Teresa's P.O.V

Where is this place? I try to open my eyes. I feel like I am drowning and I can't breathe!

I find three people staring at me. I try to shout for help but in vain. I gasp for air but it felt like there's no air at all! Am I going to die? I slowly close my eyes surrendering to my fate.

"Breathe Teresa!" I hear someone shout.

Who? who's calling me? Dad? No, why would he be here? To him, it'll be better if I died! He hates me!

I slowly try to my eyes, with my halfopened eyes I see a familiar face, his face twisted in pain and filled with worry... for me?

"Keep your eyes open, Do not sleep! Breathe!" he shouts.

"Why? Don't you hate me too? Then why this face?" I think looking at my husband's face before I close my eyes and drown into the darkness.

Ryouma's P.O.V

After 5 hours I finally see my wife who is lying on the ground gasping for air.

I rush to her side and free her from the ropes which bound her to the chair.

"Open your eyes, breathe Teresa!!" I shout to her.

She opens her eyes and looks at me.

"That's right keep your eyes open Teresa. Do not close your eyes!"

She chokes.

"Shit."

I perform CPR on her.

"Breathe! Teresa, Don not close your eyes!" I constantly repeat to her.

At the hospital.

ER

"Doctor, is she okay?"

"Yeah, you brought her at the right time, she's stable now. She had a panic attack. I've injected some sedatives so she's sleeping. She'll gain consciousness till morning, and then you can meet her. No need to worry."

"Thank you." I slump down at the floor.

"She's going to be fine." I feel Rihito's hands on my shoulder.