Chapter: 3

~Joy

It's dark but there is a lot of movement....

I feel pain....

Cold....

Where am I...

Am I dead....

No if I was I wouldn't feel the pain run up my whole body. I slowly open my eyes. Once my eyes adjust I looked at my surrounding I was right next to a river bank and Its still dark out. What am I doing here?....ah my head and body it hurts like hell. As I try to get up a rush of pain came from my ribs and head. I lay still for a moment trying to remember then it hits me. I remember Jared and his friend they hurt me then he threw me in the river, I yelled at him and he threw a rock at me. I didn't think he would ever do something like that. Why...why me...I never did anything bad.

I have to get out of here, I can't stay here any longer. If this didn't kill me what will? Even though it hurt I used the only energy I had and stood up. I slowly made my way to the pack house. Once I see the pack house in view I noticed that there was a mess outside and inside was a total wreck, when they wake up this mess will still be their and they will try to punish me for not doing my job. I silently make my way to my room. I got a old backpack put the only clothes I had inside, i also changed my clothes real quick and took pain killers that the pack doctor had secretly given me. Lastly I left a letter for them, I left the pack house and went all the way to the border of the territory. I open the mindlink to send Jared a message 'Bye big brother take care of mom'. I then shifted into my pure white wolf and ran out the territory. No one knew that i had shifted only dad, he told me to always hide my wolf since it was rare and many would come after me. I had shifted when I was three but ever since I have been abused both physically and mentally my wolf snow stopped talking and healing me and for years I have been like a human. The only reason that i was able to shift was because I had to beg her to let us shift for a while so I could get us somewhere safe.

I ran and ran not stopping for anything all I wanted was to get away, far away from home if you can even call it that. Any place must be better than 'home' i didn't look back I knew I wasn't going to miss them but I would still have the memories that they gave me. I just hope I don't bump into any rouges.

~Jared

"Mmm" my head was killing me, but that what I get for drinking too much. I get off my bed and go to the bathroom and took some pain pills. I took a quick shower to relax my sore muscles, but as i was changing I got a mindlink 'Bye big brother take care of mom' it was Joy and her voice was so heart broken. Why was she saying bye? I then felt a pack member break the connection with the pack. That wasn't all I felt a part of me broke inside giving me pain. Then I knew that Joy was the one who had lost our pack connection, our family connection. No it can be. I ran out of my room and to Joy's room. I knocked on her door "Joy open the door" "Joy" I open her door and walk in. Her room was empty no one was inside, I look around and see a small pile of wet clothes. Why was it wet? I then remembered what happened last night. What I did last night was the worst I threw her in the river, I basically almost killed her. I mindlink my beta 'Nick, Joy is gone look for her and bring her back please' 'yes Alpha' I cut the link and look around her room I then walked up to her desk. I find a letter there with my name written on it. It said:

Dear Jared,

I'm sorry you had to have a sister such as myself. I'm sorry for everything and anything that I did wrong, but what I am most sorry about is about dad you have no idea how many times I wished it was me who died that day. But could you really blame me I was only five, what could I have done in that case. You never gave me a chance to tell you what dad said. He said that he knows that you will be a great Alpha and he was right you are. Even though you hurt me I still love you and forgive you, but I can no longer stay here for eleven years I have lived in fear waiting for the day your punishment would kill me and set me free. I also hoped that my life would just be some nightmare and that one day I would wake up and everything would go back to normal. It didn't happen and it never will. Each day I broke a little and what happened last night was the final stone that broke the glass. I really hoped that I would die in that river or when you and the pack hurt me. I guess when you wish for something really bad it just won't happen.

I know you don't care about anything I just said but I just had to say it. Tell the pack that I will miss them and to take care. Tell mom that I love her and that dad said that he loves her and always will. One more thing don't look for me even though I know you won't. I hope you find your mate soon and I also wish you and the pack a happy and safe life.

                                                                                                                                     With love,

                                                                                                                                               Joy

                                                             P.S Congrats on finally breaking me.....

I broke her...I made her feel like the worst...no...my baby sis. I dropped to my knees and cried. I hurt her real bad. I put her life in the line. My anger and hatred got the best of me. The saying is true you never know what you have until you lose it. All this time she was breaking and not once did I notice. No I did notice I just didn't care.

'Alpha her scent was lost once we got to the border of the territory' Nick said through the mindlink I didn't respond. I knew the pack felt her connection with them brake, with her being an Alpha's daughter the connection is stronger. 'Nick call a pack meeting now' I link my beta. I have to find her and bring her back home and make things right like they should have been.

I walked out of her room and made my way to the meeting room that was in the second floor. 'Alpha they're all here' Nick said I walked in and went over to a podium the was in the room. Everyone was talking about a pack member living that they didn't notice me. "SILENCE" I yelled in my Alpha voice and everyone fell quiet. "As you all know a member of the pack has left. And most of you have the idea who left" i say looking around I then saw many of the pack members burst out in tears. I then saw a female pack member raise her hand "yes" i say "Please tell me it wasn't the Princ-I mean Joy" she said I knew she was going to say princess since she was the one who would take care of us when we were young.

"I am sorry to inform but yes it was my baby sister who left. We all broke her, we all blamed her for my father's death but it really wasn't her fault." i said trying to hold back my tears "Finally the pack slave left the pack it took her long enough" Stacy the pack slut said. The pack all growled at her and so did I "Never I mean never talk about my sister like that again. Do you understand." "but it's true even you wished she never existed" she whimpered "take her to the dungeon" I say and a pack worrier did. "I have hurt Joy, we all have. Not once did she do anything to protect herself" they all nod then another person spoke up "Joy always smiled no matter what we did to her, little did we know that she was yelling for help" he said and many agreed

"I will make things right and bring her back home. We will find her. For now you are dismissed but I want my best trackers to search for any clues that will lead me to her and anyone who wants to help is welcomed." i announce "yes Alpha" they say and leave all except my friends "we will find her" Jack said "yeah don't worry" Cole said as well "we will inform you if we find anything"Nick said. I just nod and go to my office and once I get there I punch the wall making a hole and threw my chairs and basically destroyed my office.

I pulled out some papers that had the numbers of all the Alphas close to my territory. I decided to contact them so that they would keep an eye out for Joy just incase she passes through their land. I just hope I can find her before the rogue get her. I just hope I'm not to late.

Joy I will come for you and make thing right again......