Chapter: 5

~Joy

Darkness...

That is all I saw...
I'm scared...
I'm alone...
Am I dead....?

"No your not my dear" a gentle voice said "who's there" I ask as I was then surrounded by a warm light. I then saw a beautiful lady with long silver hair that reached her back she also had silver eyes that matched my own. It was hard to describe how beautiful she is. She was wearing a long white dress that made her look like an angel. "Are you an angel?" I asked and she smiled "no darling I am the Moon goddess and your mother" she said sweetly wait my mother how "Mother?" I say confused "yes darling your mother you are my only true blood child" she said walk to me "but how come I was not with you?" I say she then sighed and placed a hand on my cheek "I would have loved for you to have been with me but at that time when I gave birth to you, many tried to take you from me so I had to send you away with my brother your uncle or as you know as your father. It was to keep you safe" she said as she hugged me tightly and I returned her hug.

That moment I felt safe and happy the feelings that had been taken away from me. "But mom I wasn't safe there either" I say in a whisper I then look up at her only to find her in tears "oh my love you have no idea how many times I wanted to interfere with what was happening to you. But I couldn't or else they would have found you then you would've really been in more danger" she said as I wipe her tears with my thumb she then kisses my forehead I felt energy flow through my body healing all my injuries.

"Am I finally going to live with you mom?" I ask hopeful but she shakes her head and gives me a sad smile "I brought you here so I could explain some things to you" she said "oh" Is all I could say "As you know you are a very special wolf" she says and I nod "a white wolf" I said "that's right but on your 17th birthday you will develop your powers and a few changes" she said "what type of changes?" I asked

"that is for you to find out" she said as she winked at me "now I know you have had a very bad childhood but in time you will get over your fear with the help of your mate he is the one who will fix you, love you and protect you no matter what" she said I just nod but is she serious who wants a broken person as a mate. My mate would reject me the moment he lays eyes on me. "Now it's time for you to wake up because someone is waiting for you and is very worried about you. Don't push him away you can trust him. I love you and don't forget you are more stronger than you think" was all she said as she faded away taking the light with her.

Who could possibly be waiting for me? At that moment I heard a male's voice "Please love please wake up I can't bare to see you like this any longer just please wake up" the voice said it was full of sadness for some reason I feel like taking away his sorrow, but just who is this person? I heard more talking but I couldn't quite make out what they were saying. I then suddenly feel tingles go up my arm it felt nice? I need to wake up to see why I felt this. I tried to open my eyes but they felt very heavy but I must try.

Slowly I open my eyes and once I open them I am blinded by the bright light of the room. I blink a couple of times to adjust to the light and once I do I spot a very handsome man holding onto my hand while resting his head on the side of the bed. Who is he? What if Jared sent him to take me back to the pack and punish me for running away. I started to panic and the machine right next to me started to beep real fast making the guy wake up. I freaked out and tried to curl myself into a ball as I cried "please don't hurt me" I whisper.

He stared at me with a worried and hurt expression "hey calm down I won't hurt you. I won't let anyone hurt you" he said as he tries to touch me but I start to whimper and panic more. I then started to see black dots and I was running out of air. The door then bursted open and a man walked in "she's having a panic attack! I will have to sedate her" that was the last thing I heard when I felt a small pinch on my arm. I instantly feel in a deep slumber.

I woke up again only to see the same guy that was sleeping next to me still in the room. "Don't panic I promise I won't hurt you" he said as he smoothed my hair and I calmed down. For some reason I felt safe with him here but why? It been awhile since snow has talked to me but I can feel that she is trying to say something 'what is it snow?' 'Mate he is mate!' She said happily. I looked at him in the eye and sniffed the air and there it was the intoxicating smell of chocolate and mint "mate" was my first word.

He looked at me and smiled "what did you say?" He asked I then started to worry what if he doesn't want me, will of course he doesn't "please don't..don't reject me" I whimper he then looks at me confused "why would I reject you love?" He said as he lifted my chin so I would look at him "th-they told me that when I find my mate he wouldn't want a mistake such as myself as a mate and would reject me that very moment" I say as I look away from him

Memories then came rushing in.

Memory

I was in the backyard taking a small break from my work. That morning I had been tortured so my body had cuts and I was in pain. I looked around and saw many couples laughing and enjoying themselves "some day I will find my mate and he will save me from this nightmare" I say dreamily but I didn't notice that Jared and his friend were right behind me "When you find your mate he will reject you the moment he lays eyes on you. No wants an ugly and worthless mistake like you" Jared said coldly as his friends laugh at me and push me to the ground and beat me to a pulp once again. That same day I lost my dream of find my mate the one who would save me.

Memory over

I was ten years old when that happened. "No, love you are perfect even more than what I deserve. I'm going to kill who ever told you that" he said as he growled. My eyes widen in fear. Can I really trust him...is he really not going to hurt me...does he really what me? 'Of course he does he's our mate please give him a chance. Remember what your mom said he can fix us' my wolf said.

But I shake my head "no the minute you find out more about me, the faster you will regret having me as your mate" I say sadly and look down at my hands he then gently grabs my chin and makes me look at him "And why is that love?" He said "b-because I am broken and can't be fixed" I say as tears run down my cheeks "I could careless if you were broken. I am here to help you heal and put you back together again" he said for some reason I knew he was saying the truth.

Can I really bring my hopes up.