Ꮚ Chapter 4 Ꮚ

Chapter 4

      High School was really something. Something annoying. Kind of like super annoying. See what I did there? Oh, but by now you really should. Being only fifteen and deciding on fighting a street level criminal wasn't one of my brightest ideas. Having to attempt entering the classroom without getting caught wasn't so great either. But that was the struggles of a teenager. A teenager who just so happened to be a superhuman.

      "Sorry, dude," Kyle whispered as I stealthily took my seat.

      Goal: Not getting caught. Completed.

      "I was going to come back but class was starting," he continued and then gave me a strange look once he noticed the items in my hand.

      "It's fine," I said.

      Oh, it was more than fine. It was great that he didn't come back. I don't know what I would do if he was there. I would probably do nothing if it would jeopardize my secret.

      "How did you get all this?" Kyle asked and eyed the food while licking his lips. "I thought we didn't have any money."

      "I love how you say, we, " I said sarcastically as he grinned. "And let's just say I have my ways."

      "I'm still waiting for the part where you give me the food," Kyle leaned in and put his hand out.

      I rolled my eyes and gave him his Slurpee and the turkey sandwich. He took it eagerly and smiled as he sipped the drink. He nodded his head in satisfaction and opened his mouth. I guess the flavors were still just the way he wanted.

      "So what did you really do?" He ripped the wrapper off the sandwich. "Scare him into getting free food?"

      "I'm not that scary. With my amazing ability at manipulation, I managed to convince him in a very interesting way," I smirked.

      "What so you forced him? With your glare and all?" Kyle arched an eyebrow in amusement.

      "Just because people tend to do things for me when I give them a strange look doesn't make them the victim, Kyle. I'm the victim here. I have to deal with people doing exactly what I want without being able to stop them. It's something that makes me lose sleep," I shook my head and feigned hurt.

      "And you also convinced him into giving you glasses and a cap?" Kyle questioned me, ignoring my little outrage. He emphasized the word convinced as if he wanted to show me his disbelief through his tone.

      "Yup," I shrugged and attempted to suppress an even larger smirk.

      I took the hat off and ran my fingers through my hair. The glasses were already hooked on my neckline. I should probably take the tags off.

     "Well as long as you didn't steal it," Kyle bit into his turkey sandwich. "I don't care."

      I nodded and stifled a laugh. I slouched into my seat comfortably. I was exhausted. Rubbing my eyes, I closed them and let myself sleep. I pursed my lips when I realized that I wasn't quite comfortable yet. I was sitting in an old school chair, I really shouldn't expect it to be amazing. I moved a little and sighed, knowing that shifting my position wouldn't work. Ugh. I needed a drink. Yeah. I took my red bull and drank a big gulp of it. Ah, much better. I put my feet up on the desk and crossed my arms over my chest. The fight left me feeling tired. Luckily the pain was going away due to the sudden knowledge of having healing powers. It was slow, but it was still going away.