Ꮚ Chapter 14 Ꮚ

Ꮚ Chapter 14 Ꮚ

     It's that moment in life where you realize that you truly have the weirdest friend. You thought I was going to say something deep didn't you? It's probably because of how I started the sentence. Yeah, that's most likely it. But we know that the only deep thing you're getting from me is your grave, six feet under, we talked about this before. Don't worry I like you guys so I'll make it quick. 

     "Hey! Witch Dr, give us the magic words," Kyle's phone blared.

     I couldn't suppress my chuckle as the next lyrics began to play and Kyle's face grew red. It continued as the rest of the class laughed. Jeremiah had some decency to cover up his laughter with a book whereas Jaxon started slapping his desk and giggled like the freak he was. Others, like Jude, didn't care about it and then there was Jenna. She started singing along to it. I smiled as she got really into the song.

     "That's enough guys," Mrs. Birch said and narrowed her eyes at Kyle. "Kyle, you know the rules. You have to put your phone off during class."

     Can we talk about the fact that her name is Mrs. Birch? Okay, maybe not her full name, but still. I know you read her name wrong. I mean you kind of have to. You better be smiling too. It's totally fine because I did the same thing, of course, I got detention for it. You guys are lucky, you get away with everything. Maybe, it was the fact that I out loud said her name wrong and according to our lovely principle, that's inappropriate for school. I guess it's appropriate for home, though. 

     "I'm sorry Mrs. Bitc-," Kyle coughed and shut his phone off. "Mrs. Birch."

     Oh, Kyle. I shook my head.

     She ignored his potential mistake and announced to us, "The project is due tomorrow. I do not accept late assignments. I'll let you guys discuss it with your partners for the rest of the class."

     I turned to Jenna. "Did we finish the project?"

     She bit her lip. "Nope."

     "We should probably finish it," I said.

     "I think we should," she nodded in agreement.

     "So your house after school?" I asked.

     "I can't do it at my house," she pursed her lips.

     "Alright," I shrugged. "My parents usually neglect me anyway so we can just do it at my house."

     She chuckled, "Okay, Lucas sure."

     I sensed an intense stare at my direction and tilted my head only to see Kyle giving me a thumbs up and a wink. I don't even want to know what he meant by that wink. By the way, now that we established that Kyle, thank god, won't be my sidekick he says that he deserves a code name. Can you guess what he chose? Insert Kyle's dramatic drum roll. That's right everybody! You thought correctly. His code name is Captain Underpants or in short C.U. And this time you win a bag full of air. Not only will this air be worthless and pointless but it will also be a waste of space. Your welcome. Of course, this will be free excluding the obvious payments of shipping and handling. 

     It's hard to handle air, let me tell you, even though I have no experience with doing such a thing. I mean, one can only assume it wouldn't be easy.

     "So I'll just go with you after school?" Jenna smiled at me. There was something about the way she said it that made it sound more like a demand than a question. I simply nodded as she jotted some things down.

     "We don't have that much to do really," she told me. "We just have to do the project part. So like the presentation, which we're doing on a poster board."