Ꮚ Chapter 30 Ꮚ

Ꮚ Chapter 30 Ꮚ

     There's just something about school books that are somehow heavier than the burdens we deal with in life. Okay, you gotta admit that was pretty freaking deep. See if you look at it like me -with super senses- you can see the true essence of what I was saying. It's too bad that I'm not in the mood to explain. You know it just sucks for you. I'm not really feeling the rant as of now. I bet you wish I was. Then you would be supplied with lengthy paragraphs that have some nice vocabulary words in it and maybe the grammars alright. Alas, I can not give you that.

     Why? You ask so earnestly. Because I don't want to. Smirks like the boss I am.

     "Wait," Kyle placed a hand on my shoulder, not liking the news he was previously given. "You're not serious."

     "You're right, I'm not," I replied solemnly, my tone firm and eyebrows furrowed. I took his hand off my shoulder and made my voice grim. "I'm Lucas."

     I watched with very likely adulterated amusement as he heaved a sigh and shook his head. He smacked his lips together in aggravation and eyed me with his most stolid face. For Kyle that meant he gave me one of those side eye stares that made him seem like a walking meme. I suppressed a chuckle as he spoke. "Are you really grounded?" He asked once again with such pain.

     "Yes," I placed a hand by my temple dramatically. "It's the truth."

     "Why?" He whined, kicking his feet around. "You still haven't filled me in with everything that happened. Not to mention the obvious, but it's not like we can just talk about this stuff in school! I can't deal with the suspense."

     "You need to relax," I told him while grabbing a Snickers out of my pocket. He wrinkled his nose in disgust when he saw the chocolate in my hand. "Have a Snickers."

     "No, thank you. I've seen too many of those. Besides, I'm more of a Twix guy," he smirked. Aren't those like the same almost? Pfft.

     Rolling my eyes, I unwrapped the candy and took a large bite of it gleefully. "Your loss, man."

     I find it suddenly necessary to explain something to you all. As you know, I don't really get grounded. Detention? Obviously. Messing around with gangs? Well, it's for the better good but essentially yeah. Me being just a mean and snarky person? Always. But grounded? Once! The reason was because I was saving the day, just by the way. Remember? I was fighting Razor and stuff happened. Apparently saving the day gets you grounded.

     Well, who would have thought? Here. Let me show you how the whole depressing scene played out with my parents. Grab yourself a tissue because damn, I'm about to get grounded. Me! Freaking Lucas Trevor slash Dark Wonder slash the most amazing person you will ever know.

     Clears throat. Grabs mic. Makes that awkward sound but handles it without making anything else feel awkward. Speaks into the mic as jazz music plays in the background. This very scene takes place in the most wondrous rooms of every household. That's right. The kitchen.

     The mother did not appear to be pleased with the ever so innocent young lad. That is Lucas Trevor -the wonderful narrator of this dreadful tale. Just in case you're getting confused that's me. Wink. I got your back.

     The father, on the other hand, held a gaze that told the truth, 'I'm supposed to be a reasonable adult and good father but my son is awesome and I cannot let him know that' sort of truth. Yes, we are all aware that it's a bit of a mouthful but another thing we are aware of is that I'm extremely intellectual on the understanding of body language. Meaning you can trust me on this. Much like you being able to trust me with everything.