Ꮚ Chapter 17 Ꮚ

Ꮚ Chapter 17 Ꮚ 

     Out of all the things that could happen this wasn't one of those things that I would just guess and then say something like, oh I so called that. Because I really didn't call it. I'm just as shocked as you are. Listen I know I'm freaking awesome but I never thought that someone would actually want to be me. Should I feel flattered? Maybe honored? I stared at him, trying to stay as serious as possible. It was hard, though.

     Not to seem condescending or anything but you guys don't really understand the situation I am currently in. Unless you had someone pretend to be you and then claim that they are you, well then, you should understand everything that is going on. See, there are many outcomes to this dilemma and thanks to my great imagination, none of them seemed pleasing.

     "You're not Dark Wonder," I finally said. I kept my voice firm and unfriendly. I looked down at what I was wearing. Yup. I was in my superhero costume. That means I'm definitely the real Dark Wonder. I then gave him a warning look. He had to know his place. There was no room for smiling. My face was stolid and he did the same.

     I swear this freaking guy!

     "I'm the real Dark Wonder," he insisted, displaying no signs of being guilty. He continued with a blatant lie, "You're the fake one."

     I looked at him, astonished. My black eyes were wide as I attempted to comprehend him. Did he really believe that? Maybe he was just crazy? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt guys. He's a fanatically crazed wannabe who is not in his right mind. That had to be it. There was no other plausible explanation.

     "No," I shook my head at his declaration. "We both know I'm the real Dark Wonder."

     "Can you prove it?" He asked me and crossed his arms in a challenging matter. The audacity he had pissed me off.

    I thought over his question. Prove it? Can I prove it? What did he mean? Did he want me to unmask? I'm not going to show him my identity. Besides, I don't think that would prove anything and I feel like that would be a dumb thing to do. Shoot. How was I supposed to prove that I was the real Dark Wonder? Why am I getting so nervous? I need to find my chill and relax. As long as I know who I am everything will be fine. I don't need to prove myself to the likes of him.

     The imposter looked at me with a smirk. "You seem a bit tense," he teased and walked to me. "I have a proposition for you."

     "And why should I listen to you?" I raised an eyebrow.

     I then realized something very peculiar. My Stranger Danger sense wasn't going on. What did that mean? Usually, when I'm around a bad guy it would start banging its way into me. No joke, that would actually happen. This was strange. Very strange. Kind of like super strange.

     I was supposed to feel that horrible feeling in my gut. My heart was supposed to be beating quickly and I was supposed to be getting a white flash. The one that lets me know I'm in trouble. But none of that was occurring. I felt fine and I didn't sense the need to fight him. Was I broken? Were my powers no longer working? I'm so confused.

     "Because I'm the actual Dark Wonder and-," he began with a cocky attitude.

     "Okay, just stop," I put a hand up, signaling for him to shut up. "You are not Dark Wonder because I am Dark Wonder and I keep saying my name so much and it's really confusing me."

     "You don't have proof," he stated like the snob he was.

     "You know what," I pulled him by the collar of his hoodie. I picked him up high with a rough grip and watched as his eyes had a glint of fear in them. He grabbed my hands, trying to pry them off him but it didn't work out. He struggled to get away from me while I glared at him. "If I win you in a fight that will prove I'm Dark Wonder."