Ꮚ Chapter 5 Ꮚ

Ꮚ Chapter 5 Ꮚ

      If someone would have told me two weeks ago that I would be in a situation like this I would probably ask them how they knew. After that I'd ask them if they were psychic then, well then I would probably punch them for not telling me sooner. What was I supposed to do?

      I pinched the bridge of my nose and groaned.

      Fan-freaking-tasic!

      You see, I didn't have many options. I could either tell Kyle everything or come up with some ridiculous excuse. There were so many different possibilities for the outcome and his reaction. What should I do? Ugh. This was hurting my brain. I bit my lip and rubbed my temples. I sighed and spared a glance at him. His hands were crossed over his chest and he was tapping his foot against the floor impatiently. He raised his eyebrows at me, expecting an answer. I wasn't in the mood to come up with a creative and somewhat believable reply. I settled with just telling him the truth.

      "Okay," I closed my eyes and tried to be relaxed. "You're not going to believe this but-"

      "You were kidnapped by aliens and they injected you with some strange formula and now you can do cool things?" He smirked as if he just figured everything out. "It would make sense."

      I knew Kyle was weird but his conclusion put him on a whole new level. Aliens? Where did he come up with these theories?

      I wasn't sure if I should go with it or not.

      It was tempting. Very tempting. Dare I say it, but it was super tempting.

      I'm just so funny.

      "That's why you were acting all weird and like you were dying. It's the side effects of the injection and that's also why your reflexes are unnaturally and inhumanly better," he explained with a smile and sat himself down on the bed.

      Those were big words for Kyle to say, I thought as he nodded his head at his discovery. He was most likely agreeing with himself like the crazy person he was. I bet he thought he was so smart.

      "Um...no," I trailed off and let out a chuckle.

      "Then what could it possibly be?" He challenged me and smacked his lips together.

      "How about I woke up one morning with superhuman abilities?" I offered.

      "But that's boring," he waved his hand around, dismissing my suggestion.

      He basically just said that my origin story sucked. That was real assuring.

      "And the truth," I told him.

      "Wait," he looked at me with eyes wide and scoffed. "You mean to tell me that you have super powers?"

      "Mmm, yeah pretty much," I nodded and sat on my computer chair. "If that's what you wanna call it."

      "So what type of powers do you have?" He smiled.

      "I'm basically an enhanced human," I said. "I can hear better. See, smell, taste," I went on, explaining everything. "So all my five senses are better."

      "Oh," he frowned. "Well, it's not very exciting."

      And there he goes yet again saying that my powers suck. What a real ego booster.

      "But I have powers," I insisted on convincing that it was not at all boring.

      "Wait since you are the guy," Kyle said ignoring me. "That means you're like a hero or something."