Ꮚ Chapter 18 Ꮚ

Ꮚ Chapter 18 Ꮚ

    We both smiled at Jenna in probably the creepiest way possible. You know that grin you give your friend when you know something that you probably shouldn't know and that something is about them? So you're smiling because you don't want to seem suspicious or anything close to that but in reality, you look incredibly guilty. And then the other person is just looking at you like you are crazy. Well, that's pretty much happening right now.

     She raised both her eyebrows at us and walked in the house. Jenna just shook her head and gave us an unimpressed stare. "I'm not even going to ask what's up with your faces."

     "We're just happy that you are here," Kyle nodded and then elbowed me when Jenna wasn't paying attention, signaling for me to agree with him.

     "Yeah," I quickly nodded.

     It's not like I just spoke with your boyfriend and basically told him to break up with you. No way. And I didn't just have a long and meaningful conversation with him either. I didn't fight him or anything like that. I don't even know who your boyfriend is. Who's your boyfriend? See, I don't even know. That's why I'm asking. Because I don't know. I didn't just seem him! Nope, that didn't happen. I'm telling you.

     "Um...okay," she said, not bothering to question us. "Eugene isn't here yet?"

     "Nope," I answered for her as we walked into the living room. "I thought he would be coming with you."

     "Nah," Jenna laughed. "I'll call him to see what's up."

     Kyle and I exchanged glances. We seemed pretty guilty. The thing is we weren't, at least I wasn't. I don't know about Kyle. That guy is everywhere. Honestly, Kyle is extremely friendly and conniving at the same time it's kind of creepy. Of course, I guess I did have a part with the whole 'Eugene Is Not Here Thing' or whatever you want to call it. But it's not like I forced him to do anything.Hmm. Wait, did I? I tapped a finger against my chin in thought. Well, I don't remember threatening him and if I didn't do that it means that I didn't coerce him to do anything. So yeah whatever he was about to do would be willing.

     "What do you think will happen?" Kyle whispered to me even though she left.

     I watched as she walked towards the kitchen and began tapping her phone, most likely dialing his number. Once I was sure she wouldn't be able to hear or see us I answered him.

     "I don't know," I said. "But I hope they break up."

     Kyle smirked, "For a superhero, you're really evil."

     "You never know," I wiggle my eyebrows and then winked. "I could just turn into a super villain."

     "Is this the part where you confess all the horrible things you've done?" Kyle chuckles as we both relax on the couch.

     "This is the part where we listen to what Jenna is saying," I replied.

     "Dude, you're supposed to be all like respectful," Kyle reminded me and I just laughed.

     "If you had super senses like me you would eavesdrop all the time," I informed him honestly. "Trust me on that one."

     "Don't fall into the super temptation!" Kyle yelled dramatically.

     I wonder if Jenna just heard him. I bet that would sound funny to her. I cracked a smile when I realized he said super. He's finally catching on. Good on him.

     "Too late," I replied with a sly smirk. I closed my eyes and paid full attention to my hearing. My ears popped and everything got loud. Like extremely loud. "Shoot! I'm focusing too hard."