Guilt and Grilled Cheese

Burkley Diuffield again!!!! I love him playing Ian <3 --------------------------------------------------------->

***Taylor's P.O.V.***

I can't f-ing believe it. My date with my new found mate was absolutely perfect. Of course, it couldn't stay that way because some jackass decided to ram my car as hard as he could. I blacked out for a little and woke up because I felt rain on my face.

Then to make it all worse, McKenna is missing and Terra got freaking BLOWN UP! She pushed me out of the way right before it exploded and Ian partially caught her as she fell, but she still hit her head hard. She's lying limp in his arms with a huge gash on her head and burns all over her limbs, seemingly to be healing extra slow just to make me feel guiltier.

In a matter of one night, I managed to get one girl missing and another possibly killed. That's just the kind of person I want to be before I even become Alpha.

"Taylor." I look at my dad's serious face. "I need to know what happened." After I told him exactly what happened, the rain only seemed to come down harder, putting out any remaining fires from the car bomb.

 "Ian," I call loudly and he looks up at me, his face full of concern for the girl in his lap. "Take her back to the pack house." He nods and as careful as I've ever seen him, picks her up in his arms and quickly walks in the direction of the house.

I stare in the direction that they disappeared until my dad clears his throat.

"It was her choice to make, son. Don't beat yourself up." He says, leading me to a waiting car. He helps me into the passenger seat and shuts the door, leaving me in silence if you don't count the soft sound of rain on the roof.

After a minute, Isaac, my dad's Beta, slides into the drivers seat.

"There were a few unknown scents mixed with your mate's. We have a team following their scent as we speak. We'll find her." He says before he starts the car and begins the trip back home.

I stare out the window, worrying for Terra and her recovery, but mostly about my mate and her safety.

***Ian's P.O.V.***

The whole way back, I kept trying to see if Terra would wake up if I called her name. So far, it's failed. She hasn't stirred or moved once since I picked her up. If it wasn't for her chest rising and falling with shallow breaths, you would think she's dead at first glance.

As I make my way to the door, Morgan throws it open and ushers me inside and out of the pouring rain. Her face is red and puffy and stained with fresh tears.

I take the stairs two at a time and follow our pack doctor's scent to a vacant room.

I set Terra down on the bed and Helen immediately starts to examine her wounds. She turns to me after a minute.

"They're serious burns and will take about one to two days to heal. The head wound needs stitches and it's not the prettiest thing to watch so I suggest you leave now if you can't take it." I shake my head and put on a determined face.

"No, I'll stay. Do you need me to help with anything?"

"Clean her burns carefully and wrap them in those bandages." She points to a small tray on the bedside table. It has an assortment of bandages, scissors, a needle and a thread-like thing.

I get to work by gently ripping the sleeves off her top to have better access to her arms. I throw them somewhere over my shoulder and begin to dab the injured area with a cold, wet cloth.