Paradise

***McKenna's P.O.V.***

Grant gives her two minutes to say goodbye and Ian immediately runs to her crumpled and bloodied form, although it's not her blood.

They talk softly with each other and I could listen to what they're saying if I wanted to, but I have no right to listen. It's between the two of them.

I watch as Ian puts his hand under her chin to make him look at her. She mumbles something before pulling him close and kissing him.

A pang of sadness goes through me when I realize that she's saying goodbye. She's not going to try to fight back anymore because she thinks she knows how this is going to end.

And poor Ian! He confessed to her that he likes her and she's going to let herself die (ok, so I was listening in on some of it). It must be awful to watch the person you care for die in front of you. Even though it hasn't been long, I can't imagine living without Taylor. He's my everything now.

She ends it quickly and tells him he'll be better off without her. Pft, yea right. She's the most dedicated person I know and I can see why Ian likes her. If she dies, he might not move on until he finds his mate. If only the two of them were mates. It might have made this situation avoidable.

Ian's dad, who I have yet to meet, walks over and sets a firm hand on his son's shoulder. Ian reluctantly follows his dad away from Terra and Grant walks happily back to my friend.

He starts showing off by beating her up some more, eventually knocking her out.

I bury my face in my mate's chest, not wanting to watch any more of this and he wraps his arms tightly around me.

In the next few seconds, I hear Ian calling her name mixed with the loud growling of a wolf.

Taylor stiffens, which causes me to look up. I cover my mouth with my hand to hold back a sob.

Terra is lying on the ground with the dagger sticking out of her shoulder. Blood is pouring from the wound and her chest is rising with shallow breaths. She's still alive because he missed her heart, but it wasn't on purpose. A couple feet away from her, a dark, brown wolf is on top of Grant; it's jaws inches from his face.

"Jimmy, what are you doing you doing? Get off of me!" Jimmy certainly has great timing. He promised he would help any way he could and he saved Terra, but it was a little close if you ask me!

Then I remember what Grant did to his own stepbrother and I angrily pull away from Taylor. He grabs my arm, holding me in place.

"Where are you going?" He asks quickly.

"To translate." I simply reply.

"Why would you do that? They're rogues and I'm not letting you anywhere near them." His posessiveness is showing and I really don't have time for this.

I rip my arm from his grasp, instantly missing the contact between us, but I ignore it for the moment.

"I'm walking over there with or without you. Make your choice." I turn away from him and make my way quickly to the two men and kneel by their heads. I feel Taylor right behind me, like I knew he would be.

"I'm going to ask once so you better answer me now." I say threateningly. "Where is Jimmy's mate?" Grant flinches at my Alpha tone.

"I don't have his mate." Jimmy digs his claws into his stomach, causing him to groan. "Fine! She's here!"

"Where?" I ask again, starting to lose control of my wolf.

"The hotel in town with my mate. Please, if you kill me, don't kill her. She never should have had a mate like me."

"You're damn right about that. Jimmy, you can finish him however you like, but give me a few minutes before you do." I stand and turn to Taylor who has his eyebrows raised in silent question.