A King's Secret

It's missing the black stones, but this is pretty much what I imagine for Terra's ring -------------------->

***Terra's P.O.V.***

"I'm different in more ways than having these new abilities. To get straight to the point, my parents... are James and Liliana King." My friend's eyes widen at this simple information. "And my full name is Atierra Mariella King, princess of the werewolf world and second line for the throne if something were to happen to my older brother."

"T, you're the missing princess?" April asks.

I sigh. " Yea."

"Why did you run away? You could have everything you wanted, right?"

"That's where you're wrong. I was always studying and in some sort of lesson. I almost never had any free time to do what I wanted to do and my friends were picked for me. The only real friends I had were my older brother and my friends Emma and Ember. I was actually surprised that my parents liked Ember considering she was very outspoken, but then I caught her and my brother making out in his room one day. Only then do my two best friends tell me that they're mates. Then it clicked as to why my parents liked her so much. I felt like a fool for thinking that I actually had a voice in anything I did, but I never did. My family ruled my life and I had had enough of it. One of the worst things was that my mom had the servants dress me in these huge and frilly things they called dresses. I refused to come out of my room wearing any of them and that annoyed my mom because she said, 'You are a beautiful young lady and if you want a man to sweep you off your feet, then you need to dress to impress.' She was trying to get me to agree to an arranged marriage to someone of a high status. I turned them all down because like any normal girl, I believed in finding my soul mate somewhere."

"But you did find him. And you ran from him." Bryn points out gently.

"I did, and I wouldn't have hesitated to be with him if it wasn't for Reed Masters. He's soon to be alpha of the second largest pack in America and he took a liking to me. He gave me flowers, chocolate and expensive gifts to win my affection, but he is cocky, arrogant and a complete jerk. He would never have won me over. For months, I put up with the idiot for my brother because he convinced me to give him a chance, but the more I got to know him, the more I grew to hate him. It seemed like the exact opposite for him though. I think his wolf got attatched to mine and would go berzerk if I was with another guy. He told my parents we had a connection and that I was starting to fall in love with him. My dad was the one who was skeptical of this because, unlike my mother, he payed more attention to me. I am the baby in the family and his little girl."

"So if he figured you weren't into the Reed guy, why didn't he do anything about it?"

"Because, no matter how much he loves me, a union between the two packs would make it the biggest in the world."

"I'm still not getting why he didn't do anything about it." April says, settling down beside me.

"His thoughts were that even though I wouldn't have been happy doing it, it would make everyone safer, including me. His main worry was that I was safe. That's why I took Tai-Kwan-Do for so many years and the fact that I snuck out of the castle a few times gives me my sneaky ninja-like moves. It was great practice because security was ridiculous." This makes everyone laugh. "I was upset when I first left and regretted it, but then I fell asleep and woke up to all of you. If I had the chance to change my decision to leave, I wouldn't because then I never would have met you all. You guys are my second family."

This results in a chorus of 'Awws!' and me being squished in a tight hug.

"We think of you as our sister and nothing will every change that. Not even the fact that we're not blood related could change our minds." Vi says smiling.