II - ANNABETH

Sorry for my mistakes, any mistakes

After that, we walked silently going back to the Argo II, Leo’s, I might say big baby, along with his other precious baby which is the Archimedes sphere. For me, Leo looks cute with his curly mop of brown hair, his features and especially his funny personality; I would like him to be my brother. Well, except for the fact that I know what boys and brothers can do because I have two stepbrothers and trust me they are destructible.

“So hey Annabeth, nice monster-butt fighting for me” he grinned at me.

“Well you know me” I said taking in pride.

“Of course, the great, great, great wise Annabeth is here in my presence. Oh! What shall I do? I am not worthy.” And with that I blew my fingertips to match what he said. Then we both cracked up after.

“Hey Annabeth, we are going to take off in 5 minutes” He said.

“Oh, alright then, that’s enough time to tell my story. I replied.

“I bet you’re tired so go sleep first then you can tell me your little fight with that monster.” He said.

“I can still talk, why not now?” I tried to argue.

“Sleep first, talk later, we don’t want a cranked up Annabeth do we?” he said. And with that he ran off so there’s nothing I can do but go to my bunk.

“Wake me up in case anything happens. Okay?” And with that, he stopped in his tracks. Turned back to me then said “Okay. Sorry I ran off like that. You will win if I fought with you so I just ran. My apologies.”

“It’s okay. You apologized twice you know”

“I know, I thought maybe one won’t do so I said it twice.”

“That’s fine already." I told him and shrugged off like it was nothing. "So I should sleep now?” I carefully said.

“Yup.” He said.

I went to my bunk. There’s not much in there. Such rotten luck most demigods have. My gift from Daedalus, one of his laptops and the knife that Luke gave me since I was seven all got lost in my visit in Tartarus. Crazy right? Yup. I was so close to losing my wits while in there. It’s too terrifying. The only that keeps me going is Percy. How cruel this life is? The fates are?

We only get to be with each other without monsters for a little while, then BOOM! The next great prophecy was talking about us. I remember when Rachel Elizabeth Dare, the oracle first said the prophecy. Percy and I even had a conversation. A funny conversation thinking and saying that this would be the problem of other demigods, far, very far from our generation today. But no! It’s just very lucky us that we get to face the problem.

I looked around. The only thing in my possession was the Yankees cap, a gift from my mom, the great goddess of wisdom herself. But since the time my mother and me had that argument and she made me look for the mark of Athena, it hasn’t been working. And well, since it was the cause why we plunged in Tartarus because the whole floor was made of spider web and when Arachne was plunge in it. My mistake for not understanding immediately when Hazel made a cutting motion, could you blame me? I was too happy to still know I was alive even after meeting the mother of all spiders, when my greatest fear was spiders. Well, I had my anger put on it.

As I looked at it, nothing changed in my emotions for it. But for some reason or force told me to try it out again at first, of course hesitated and that made the force stronger until I couldn’t resist it anymore and turned to try it on again. As I touch it, deep emotions I tried to forget came back to me again. When I put it on, as I looked I saw that I was made invisible again.

I wasn't too overjoyed.

Maybe it is because I was done and I succeeded with my quest. And at that exact moment, I heard something rumble. Has it been 5 minutes already? After maybe 5 seconds of rumbling everything went haywire.

I heard steam and gas whistling, machine engines huffing and puffing in a strange tone that I recognize is not supposed to sound like that. I set down my magic cap and I looked outside and looked around. I saw Leo, Jason and Piper running around. I heard Leo mutter a few curses about things I don’t know. When he saw me, he perked up.

“Oh! Hey Annabeth, looks like our flight is going to be delayed. I need to fix those things that made my baby gone mad." Leo told me. He looks so frustrated, he might blow up.

“Ok, just go and fix up whatever you need to do” I just told him. I don’t mean to be so bossy but we are in a hurry now. Gaea, the earth mother is going to rise on the Feast of Hope. We have less than a month now if we are planning to stop her. Anyone with this suicidal mission could be driven crazy but for the fate of the world that I don’t really love, there’s not much choice than to just stop her.

I couldn’t blame the guy, could I? He didn’t do anything to do with it. He’s just like us, strangled in this position we don’t want anyway. I was tired and especially famished so I went to the dining area (I couldn’t really call it a room) to get some snacks from the freezer.

When I got there, I saw Percy staring off into the computer screens that show us what is happening in Camp Half-Blood. Sometimes, I just wish to remove them from their places because it is just filled with scenes we don’t like and makes us wish for us to be back there. I grabbed a cracker from a nearby cupboard, we’re just lucky to have no rats here.

When he saw me, he stood up and greeted me with a kiss. He is so sweet. I am so, so lucky to have him and call him mine too.

“Percy, I am just going to stroll out okay?” I said almost immediately. I turned and saw that he looked worried and so I showed him my invisibility cap. And to prove my point, I smiled to say that it works again.

“Can’t I go with you?” He ask me innocently that it’s sweet.

“Well, I need to clear out my thoughts and at least take a rest from this stupid quest” I said rather in a not so really nice way.

“Oh, ok, you sure you don’t want me around?” He asked.

“It’s fun if you are with me, but then, how on the world am I gonna be able to concentrate, especially you, you are one super ADHD kid?” I said in a modest tone so as not to hurt his feelings.

“Well, ok fine, just take care out there” He sounds like a parent.

“Yes, sir” I said with a salute.

Then I dashed off and just walked my way out of the ship. I didn’t want to run, I was too tired. When I was some distance away, when I looked back, Percy was looking out the window. I made a goodbye wave with a flying kiss right after. He returned it to me too and caught the kiss. And with that I turned back again. I put on my cap as I walked along. And in front of me, loomed a park, I walked the path that would lead me to the woods, earlier before I saw a clearing there, and that’s where I want to go so I headed in that direction. I took another look of the Argo II, such a beautiful creation, I wish that everything we put up on this quest is worth it.