XI - NICO

CHAPTER 11

NICO D.

            ======11’S-A-FAVORITE-AND-SO-IS-NICO=====

            When Reyna finally recovered, since she told me her story, I decided that I should be fair and told her my own. It wasn’t easy since there will always be me being unsociable but after a couple of sentences, I finally got used to her company and told her my own story so easily though I didn’t tell her about Percy though. I just wasn’t ready to tell anyone that after Cupid but maybe somewhere along the way I can finally have the same courage as she had and tell that to her.

            After my own story, the atmosphere around us shifted into something cold though she easily broke that.

            “I’m glad we’re actually more than acquaintances now” She said and I felt my lips smile at that. I’m so glad to finally have someone as a friend like her, and thankful that she acknowledged that.

            “Well” I started. “It looks like were actually good friends” I said and this time it was her turn to smile. We were leaning on a tree now with the sun up and rising. I’ve never enjoyed looking at daylight since Bianca like this until now. It actually felt good and I never thought I’d be able to even feel like that again.

            This time again, silence enveloped us though it wasn’t a bad silence like before, no this time, it was actually comforting and nice. I felt like when you’re just resting and not even having a care in the world and I never thought I’d feel that with Reyna. She’s just the kind on which she has darkness following her but is able to also bring light along with it and now the darkness around her increased because of me.

            I am now the extra big size of darkness whose going to follow and look out for her back now.

‘Eventually I know I’ll forget about Percy since it was just a crush’ I finally admitted to myself and I know I’d be lying when I’d tell that I didn’t shiver at the thought, I just didn’t shiver though, it actually shook my whole body but when it passed, I’d never felt more relaxed.

I never thought I’d feel so many things just because of Reyna. And at the thought I looked at her and found that she had her eyes closed and she was actually asleep. I shook my head because of that. I knew that no one would ever last being awake when they just cried so much.

Since I was too skinny and petite, I couldn’t carry her anywhere so I needed Coach Hedge’s help on that. I didn’t stand up yet, I felt too good to move out when I was still beside my new oath to myself.

After I felt like I’ve savoured every moment to the point that I knew I’ll never forget the feeling, I shadow-traveled to where Hedge was.

After only a few time, I was there and found Coach Hedge nowhere to be seen and it dawned on me that we had been out for all night and didn’t even let him now.

Oh gods, this is bad, terribly bad.

I then immediately went to where I left Reyna but found her nowhere to be seen. I cursed myself for even leaving her while she was asleep.

“Shit” I mumbled and kept repeating it. I was so dumb to ever let this happen. “Argh!” I growled and when I finally thought that cussing at my own self and not moving won’t do anything good, I finally made my move.

            I looked here and there though I never saw Coach Hedge nor Reyna until I stumbled down the hill and onto a small lake where a lady was sitting, rippling some waves and her back on me.