XX - PERCY

CHAPTER 20

PERCY

            ======PERCY(4)=TWENTY======

            “Hi dad” I managed to say. I don’t know why he’s come into my dream. If he was really beside me or it’s just a dream. His smiling figure keeps on smiling that comforts me somehow.

            “I just wanted to let you know son….” He starts but stops. What was he supposed to say? I looked at him waiting. “Never mind that”

            Seriously? He can’t just let me up in the air with his unfinished line. I look back in the water.

            “This place means more than anywhere to me” He tells me and since I don’t want to assume it’s because of mom and me, I keep silent. He doesn’t though. “I know that I can’t tell your mom this now, since she’s with that blowfish” He says and I smile a bit.

            I remember how I called him a blowfish too but I don’t say aloud to myself the phrase I hear some say: “Like father, like son”.

            “But she’s the most awesome and one of the strongest I have ever seen who’s able to keep the boat sailing even in the most wicked storm” He continues on and it’s hard not to continue the line in my head though I let him finish. “And, and that I loved her, and I still do” He says which takes me by surprise.

            At first because I thought he’s seeing another woman, but sixteen or seventeen years later, his eyes are still after her. Of course it’s not hard at all. My mom must be the world’s greatest crush if she’ll let them.

            “Why don’t you come home then?” I ask even though there’s an answer I already know to that.

            “You know I can’t Percy, but if I could, I would have done that already” He tells me and I can tell authenticity in his voice. I guess he still really loves mom if he’s like that.

            “Then you can. You’re just not trying” I tell him. Maybe it’s true, I mean I’ve always heard people say, anything can happen in love, but maybe after centuries of other women and children, he’s learned his lesson.

            Even I don’t believe in that. Because if that’s true, then why is love so hard?

            “I tried already Percy and with that blowfish, I don’t think this is a great idea. I’ve already given her enough problems, and this is the best I can do” He tells me, and I know he’s right so I stop arguing though we’re not exactly on that part yet.

            As I also review his words, I wonder if I’m also a problem he’s given her too. I mean leaving a woman pregnant and the child who makes her mother worry so much, I must be her biggest problem. A gift from this man next to me. My father.

            Silence fills us for a while before he breaks it.

            “I don’t have much time anymore son. I just came here to check on you.” He says. “And I’m so proud of you son. I know that whatever happens, you’ve never disappointed me. Tell your mother how much I love both of you” He says, and he goes into the water, which shows exactly what happens right now.

            The water didn’t show me my whole life, that will take a while but just some events.

            “I hope you liked that” He says when he turns back and goes on again. He doesn’t even say goodbye. So if I die, there’s no closure and I don’t think he deserves to have that from me but I blurt it out anyway.