XIX - PERCY

CHAPTER 19

PERCY

            ========ONE=NINE===PERCY=JACKSON=======

            “Last night was the best. Thanks for letting me Seaweed Brain” Annabeth says as she fiddles with a little thread. And here we are, after last night, in my bunk, Annabeth here lying so close to me.

            “I wouldn’t miss it” I tell and smile at her. She smiles back at me but it only lasts for a second before shadows cross her face. I know what she thinks, no need to ask what the matter is. We’re only fooling ourselves.

            “I just hate how everything is. Except you” She says and I can’t help but lean in and close the gap between us. Being with Annabeth, it’s nothing you can ever say in words. Just hints that are even not enough.

            I love her more than anything.

            “You know we’re wasting time right?” She asks and I nod, knowing she’s right. Of course she is. “Well, then let’s get up right here and maybe form a plan we can follow through for the next few days.

            She gets up then, and since there’s nothing to do, I decide to follow her. Once we’re outside, that’s not what we should do at all.

            “Well it looks like our hands will be full this day” I tell her and she just groans a bit. Before us are heaps and bundles of mess.

Made by just seven demigods.

If we’re enough to make this much, how much more if there were let’s say a hundred more. So we picked up and was halfway successful in our tasks since we get carried and fool around. But who am I to get angry? I’ve never thought cleaning could be this fun and all the credits belong to Annabeth.

            We slowly make progress and make it to where the heart of the party was last night. Memories swirl around the place. And that’s when I knew just how right Annabeth was. It doesn’t have to painful for us; it could easily just be a fun time.

            Piper and Jason arrived a little later and our progress sped up by double. Annabeth and Piper filled the silence while I would make little comment, more than what Jason says.

            I don’t know why I’m not my usual self today, but I’ll get to that later on. Right now; I was cleaning party trash. Hazel arrives later, followed by Frank.

            “Sorry I woke up late” She said then surveys the area and continues. “Sorry we weren’t able to help you” She says and looks really guilty about it. Annabeth comes to the light faster than any of us.

            “Gods, don’t mess over that. It’s fine really. No biggie” She says comfortingly. Frank makes a smile that has a lot of meanings. I know.

I wander, right on that moment if we were normal, would this be our problems then? Maybe even fighting over who didn’t help clean or things like that. But then, leave it to just the mortals to fight over something like that. I even wonder at times if how people would react to our situation, but since I don’t know, I sleep unanswered.

We eat little breakfast since most of us are still stuffed. Effects a long and filled night can do.

“How about let’s bring Leo down some food” Hazel suggests and together with Annabeth and Piper, they disappear to deliver Leo food.