XV - PIPER

CHAPTER 15

PIPER

            ========15=PIPER====MCLEAN========

            Hazel didn’t seem to notice me yet but when I felt the urge to just move my hand, thanks to my ADHD self, she immediately saw me.

            “Piper?” She asked softly and stood up. I probably looked like I just saw a ghost but there were things in this world that no matter how many ghosts you’ll see, some things were just scarier. “Piper?” She repeated again when I didn’t reply and this time, I nodded. “What’s wrong?” She asked and that was enough for me to want to cry all over again.

            I knew I was being a baby and that crying wasn’t something that could change things but I guess that I am really just a cry baby.

            “Shh” She said and then urged me to come closer and I did. Once we were in a hugging position, the tears and sobbing finally made its way out of my body. She just held me there, not saying anything but the silence was just enough and comforting for me.

            Once I felt like I couldn’t shed another tear, and I probably looked like I had just been hit all over my face, she held my hand and led me to sit on her bed.

            “What’s the matter Pipes?” She asked concern and curiousness in her beautiful voice. I guess that I liked to tell everything and anyone beautiful because that’s what I believed in since I was very little.

            I didn’t know if I should reply or what I should say so I kept silent and seemed to find the white sheets interesting.

            “It’s okay if you don’t want to tell but I want to help you” She said and this time, I decided to give in. Besides, she was also a girl and I feel that she might understand me and so I did.

            “Well I met my mom while, while I was asleep and in a dream” I started and turned to see her reaction, and she seemed to be unhappy, sad, angry or something along those which I don’t seem to understand as to why but I decided to ask later. “She told me that I, that I had to choose” I finally said looking breathless and closed my eyes once I remember that.

            “Really?” Hazel’s very curious voice made me look at her and she seemed to be confused and many other things that made me wonder why.

            “Yes.” I finally said. “Why?” I immediately followed after.

            “Well” She started and her mind and she seemed to be in a debate whether she will tell me or not and now I was really wondering why. “Never mind” She told me but there was something hidden that seemed to be disagreeing with what she said.

            “I told you mine. It’s only right if you me yours” I absent-mindedly said and then I felt guilty when her expression also showed guiltiness and then shame.

            “I guess your right” She said defeated and then I thought of otherwise. I didn’t want her to tell me because she was forced to.

            “No, it’s okay if you want to keep it to yourself. I wasn’t thinking when I said that either. So I’ll go now” I said and proceeded to stand but she gripped on my hand like it was the only thing keeping her alive.

            “No. Don’t go yet. I actually want to tell it” She said then looked down and her grip on me loosened. “I want someone to listen” She told me and so I slowly sat down beside her. If she wanted to tell something that’s bugging her, I knew very well that neither keeping it to yourself is not healthy nor something that will make you happy.