FOUR

"Stephen

"Stephen." Wong stood from his chair, nodding at him as he entered the library.

"Wong." Stephen nodded back curtly.

"What do you want, Strange?" Wong asked with suspicion in his voice.

"Books on astral projection," Stephen answered flatly, showing a grim expression.

"You're not ready for that." Wong shook his head, making no sign to move from his place.

"Try me, Beyoncé." He sassed back, jerking his head to the side. He quickly raised his eyebrows, waiting for a reaction. When he got nothing, Stephen rolled his eyes and letting out a scoff. "Oh, come on. You've heard of her. She's a huge star, right?"

Wong tilted his chin forwards, expressionless.

"Do you ever laugh?" Stephen muttered, growing annoyed with Wong at this point. Stephen shifted his gaze quickly, grumbling his words. "Come on, just give me the book."

"No." Wong replied, his voice deep.

When the sun was finally setting over the horizon, Wong sat at his desk, studying more about the magic of energy. His finger tapped against the page as his ears filled with Single Ladies by none other than Beyoncé, to hear what Stephen was actually talking about.

What he did not realize, was small portals appearing behind him as Stephen snatched the books right off the shelf. Wong quickly turned from his page, seeing nothing. When he turned back, the book that he was reading was gone.

Night quickly fell over Kamar-Taj and Stephen's physical form was fast asleep. He was in his astral form, floating cross legged at the end of his bed, thumbing through one of his stolen books.

A few light knocks on the door made him turn to see Amber huddle in, a tray with tea in hand. She looked up, stopping when she saw him in bed, already sleeping. When she was about to leave, Stephen's astral form quickly entered the real world. "Amber."

Amber turned around, careful not to spill anything. She glanced up at his floating form, seeing his book in hand. "Stephen." she greeted back, her shoulders relaxing. "I was going to offer you some bedtime tea...but, I see you are obviously...busy."

"Bedtime tea?" he asked with a raised brow and a side smile.

"Whatever you want to call it." she rolled her eyes.

Stephen nodded, closing the book before gesturing with his hand. "Come in. I'd love some tea."

A warm smile grew on both of their lips as she walked in further, setting down the tray. Meanwhile, Stephen entered back into his real body, sitting up and rubbing the tiredness from his eyes.

Once his cup was prepared, she handed it to him, her smile still present. Stephen raised the cup to his lips before pausing. "What's in this?"

"Just tea. With a little honey." she teased with a chortle before sipping on her own drink. Stephen joined in on the laugh, noticing she was still standing.