EPILOUGE

MANY  WEEKS  LATER

MANY WEEKS LATER

"So, the world has wizards now, huh?"

Amber rolled her eyes annoyingly. Her index and middle finger were placed on her temple, as the rest of her hand was supporting the weight of her head. Her eyelids hung halfway over her eyes, making her seem jaded.

Stephen gestured with his leather-gloved hand towards the small table between him, Amber and Thor. "Tea?"

"I don't drink tea." He responded with a shake of his head, holding a teacup. It was small compared to the size of his hand.

"Well, what do you drink?"

"Not tea." Thor lowering the cup.

Amber waved her right hand in a swift motion, transforming the cup into a tall mug of beer.

As Stephen began to speak, Thor hesitantly lifted the mug to his lips, eyeing Amber as she returned to a bored expression, looking around the room.

"So, I keep a watchlist of individuals and beings from other realms that may be a threat to this world. And your adopted brother, Loki, is one of those beings." Stephen mentioned with a forced chuckle.

"A worthy inclusion." Thor nodded, staring at his glass as it magically refilled once he emptied it with a few large gulps.

"Yeah. So, why bring him here to New York?" Stephen asked, leaning forward in his seat.

"That's a long story. Family drama, that kind of thing, but we're looking for my father." Thor lowered the mug to rest on his knee.

"So if you found Odin...you'd all return to Asgard?" Amber asked with sudden interest.

"Promptly?" Stephen added.

"Oh, yes. Promptly."

Stephen smiled. "Oh, great!"

Standing from his seat, he held out a hand to Amber. She took it, standing up with him. Both of them smiled down at him. "Allow us to help you."

Jonathan Pangborn was in his shop, the noise of the grinder filling his ears. Holding the object in his hands, he stopped suddenly, turning his head. "Can I help you?"

"They carried you into Kamar-Taj on a stretcher."

Jonathan turned his head around to see Mordo standing in the threshold. "Pangborn."

"Mordo," he responded happily. "What can I do for you, man?"

Moving to his workspace, he placed the piece of metal down. Picking up a rag, he wiped his greasy hands.

"I've been away many months now and I heard a revelation." Mordo removed his hood. "The true purpose of a sorcerer is to twist things out of there proper shape. Stealing power, providing nature...like you."

As John listened, he slowly picked up a crowbar, turning so his hand was hidden behind him. "I've stolen nothing. This is my power. Mine."

"Power has a purpose."

Jonathan suddenly swung the crowbar at him. Mordo swiftly moved out of the way, striking in in the side. Cupping his hand, the magic from Jonathan's body drained from him.

Jonathan moaned in pain, watching as the bar fell from his hand, his fingers curling up and becoming numb. He fell on a pile of cardboard boxes, staring up at Mordo with fright. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because I see at long last what was wrong with the world," Mordo crouched down, meeting eye to eye with John.

"Too many sorcerers."

DOCTOR STRANGE WILL RETURN