SEVEN

"Hello?" Stephen called out, walking down one of the hallways with Amber by his side

"Hello?" Stephen called out, walking down one of the hallways with Amber by his side. They approached three doors, each with different locations. Opening the centre one, a cool ocean breeze brushed over the two.

Stephen glanced down at the dial beside it and turned it, the ocean suddenly changing to a desert. Stephen walked away from the doors, pulling Amber with him.

"Hello?!" Hs yelled out again into the silence. The two found their way into an antique room filled with many ancient artifacts and relics.

Amber broke off from him, looking around at all the treasures. "Stephen, there's no one here."

"Look at this." Stephen signalled for Amber to come over. When she did, she looked into the case to see a deep red cloak. Next to it, a cloak of royal blue hovered in its own glass box. The red moved with Stephen and the blue moved with Amber.

She tilted her head, studying the cloak with narrowed eyes.

The duo wandered to the window before a loud noise echoed from downstairs. Quickly descending the stairs, Amber stood out front while Stephen shrunk behind a pillar. He grabbed onto her arm, yanking her back into him forcefully. With a silent scowl, they both watched.

Kaecilius entered the building with his disciples, scaring the young sorcerer. "Daniel, I see they made you master of this Sanctum."

"Do you know what that means?" The man asked back, his face stern.

"That you'll die protecting it." Kaecilius answered. He formed a transparent spear in his hands slowly as Daniel pulled out a relic. Turning to Kaecilius' nearest follower, he swung at the man, quickly knocking him down.

Doing the same to the next follower, Kaecilius interrupted him by stabbing Daniel through his gut.

"Stop!" Stephen vociferated, jumping over the railing onto the stairway platform. Amber jumped down beside him. Stephen seemed to tense up at the sheer sight of Kaecilius.

Kaecilius looked up, studying Stephen's concerned expression and Amber's ruthless one.

He sharply pulled the spear out, letting Daniel fall to the floor with a loud thud.

"Amber." Kaecilius greeted, tipping his head back.

Amber's eyes turned sombre. "Kaecilius."

Shifting his gaze over to Stephen, Kaecilius surveyed him. "How long have you been at Kamar-Taj, Mister...?"

"Doctor." Stephen corrected the title.

"Mister Doctor?" Kaecilius questioned.

"It's...Strange." he closed his eyes momentarily, tired of all the mix-up.

"Maybe. Who am I to judge?" Kaecilius said before turning, impaling Daniel again.

Amber and Stephen acted fast. Stephen formed his webs of strings as Amber formed her blazing rope. Kaecilius moved towards the stairs as two of his henchmen ran along the walls at them.