NINE

"No

"No. I mean, come on, look at your face," said Stephen, almost making Amber bark out a chuckle.

Both saw Kaecilius' eyes surrounded by a dark purple, fading into his normal skin. Between his eyes was the symbol from the Dark Dimension etched into his skin.

"Dormammu made you a murderer. How good can his kingdom be?"

Kaecilius's lips spread into a wicked grin, chuckling quietly.

"You think that's funny?" Stephen hissed, his eyes squinting again.

"No. Not that. What's funny is that you've lost your sling ring." he replied. Stephen patted his belt, turning only for Kaecilius' spear to stab him in the torso.

"Stephen!" Amber shrieked, holding onto him as Stephen fell on her for support. A man skipped up the steps, throwing both of them down the stairs. Amber landed on top of Stephen, quickly rolling off of him with a gasp.

"Shit, we gotta go. Come on." Amber pulled him onto his feet, curtly glancing up the stairs to the man who threw them.

Stephen fell again, grunting loudly. Blood dripped from his body, staining his and Amber's clothing. Wrapping his arm around her shoulders, Amber grunted as she hauled him up again.

Looking over her shoulder, the same man stood behind them, forming a crystal spear. When he raised his arm to strike, she shielded her body over Stephen's.

Suddenly, the red cloak flew from Stephen's shoulders, wrapping itself around the man's head. Flailing around, the cloak knocked the man from side to side. His sling ring skidded on the floor beside Stephen and she picked it up, handing it to him.

Her own blue cloak escaped her shoulders, helping out the red cloak, to Amber's surprise.

"Come on, we gotta get you to the hospital." she huffed, leaning him on a table momentarily. Quickly making a portal to the hospital, she grabbed Stephen, rushing in.

They crashed into a cleaning cart with supplies on it. Stephen let out a breath.

"Get Chris...Christine Palmer." Stephen slurred, his weight becoming heavier on her by the minute. Amber hurried to the doors with a nod, opening them and running through.

"Palmer?" Amber panted, stumbling down the hallway with him. "Help!" she yelled out, her eyes widening when Stephen placed a hand on the wall and leaving a streak of red.

"Ma'am, c-can I help you?" a nurse asked, rushing over to them in panic.

"Palmer. Where's Doctor Palmer?" Amber demanded, panting loudly.