TEN

"This is insane," Christine commented as she and Stephen left the operation room together

"This is insane," Christine commented as she and Stephen left the operation room together. Stephen nodded, looking around the room and down the hallway. "Where are you going?"

He hesitated to answer, sparing a glance towards her.

"Just tell me the truth?" Christine begged, raising her eyebrows.

"Well, a powerful sorcerer, who gave himself over to an ancient entity who can bend the very laws of physics, tried very hard to kill me, but I left him chained up in Greenwich Village, and the quickest way back there is through a dimensional gateway that Amber opened up in the mop closet." He replied in one breath, motioning to the door.

"Okay. Don't tell me. Fine."

Stephen in turn rolled his eyes and opened the door to lead her through. The portal that was created by Amber was still there, glowing strong.

Stephen hopped in, turning to face his ex. "I really do have to go."

The portal closed behind him, leaving silence behind. Christine looked around slowly, paranoidly. Behind her, a mop and pail fell, making a loud crash. Christine tensed up, screaming in fear.

Back in Kamar-Taj, Stephen bent down beside the motionless man, pressing two fingers to his throat.

No pulse.

Standing slowly to his feet, his mind fathomed that he just killed someone...instead of saving someone. Reaching behind him, Stephen grabbed the cloak, throwing it onto his shoulders perfectly.

Skipping up the steps, he saw the contraption dismantled on the floor, Kaecilius absent from it.

"Strange!"

Stephen turned around, seeing Mordo and Amber on the other side of the room.

"You're okay." Mordo exclaimed, Amber not joining in on the small celebration. Her expression read demure...hurt.

"A relative term, but yeah. I'm okay." Stephen replied back, monotoned. His eyes were fixed on Amber. She stared back with a hard gaze.

"The Cloak Of Levitation. It came to you." Mordo said, fixated on the red relic. After, he gesturing to Amber's own cloak, "And the Cloak Of Midnight."

Amber's cloak glimmered in the sunlight. The pattern in the fabric seemed to shift slowly, giving off the appearance of a galaxy slowly turning.

"No minor feat. It's a fickle thing." the Ancient One smiled as she sauntered the room next.

"He's escaped." Stephen glanced over to the bundle of metal on the floor near the window.

"Kaecilius?" the Ancient One asked.

"Yeah. He can fold space and matter at will."

"He folds matter outside the Mirror Dimensio, in the real world?" the Ancient One asked, her eyebrows pushing back.