SIX

No matter how hard he tried, Stephen couldn't bring himself to write another email to Christine

No matter how hard he tried, Stephen couldn't bring himself to write another email to Christine. He did leave her, yes, but Stephen thought about how she could've moved on in the months he's been at Kamar-Taj.

He also thought about Amber.

Shutting his laptop, he rubbed his eyes frustratingly. Grabbing his bundle of books, Stephen left. As he passed the kitchen, he decided to grab an apple as a snack.

When Stephen realized that Wong was gone and the library was empty, he took this opportunity to head to the Ancient One's collection. Taking the book of Cagliostro, Stephen sat down with it, flipping to the missing page while snacking on his red fruit.

Stopping his page flipping, he saw a picture of the Eye Of Agamotto. Looking up, the Eye Of Agamotto was held in front of him on display. Turning in his chair, he looked around. "Wong?"

His voice echoed back to him which was a good sign. Putting the apple down, he rushed over, taking the amulet right off its place.

"Okay," Stephen spoke to himself, standing over the book with the necklace on. "First...open the Eye Of Agamotto..."

Doing as the scripture said, the amulet glowed a luminous green. Stephen huffed quickly before continuing.

Soon enough, time was in his possession as he stared at his half-eaten apple. Slowly moving his arm, the apple slimmed down to the core, and fattened up again, all by the movement of Stephen's hand.

Moving the whole apple away, Stephen slid the book up, a task in mind. Curling his fingers stiffly, the two absent pages reappeared again.

"Dormammu...The Dark Dimension..." Stephen read to himself. "Eternal life?"

As his fingers twitched, a sudden crystal wall appeared in front of him. It built itself around Stephen, shining brightly.

"Stop!"

Stephen turned on his heel, the wall disappearing. He turned back to the table, to see nothing as Mordo, Wong, and Amber rushed in.

"Tampering with these spells are forbidden!" Mordo barked, stopping at Stephen's side.

"I-I was just doing what exactly what it said in the book!" he defended with heavy stutter, tapping the book to show them.

"What did the book say about the dangers of performing that ritual?" asked Wong.

"No, no, I'm not on that part yet." Stephen muttered, leaning closer to the book to read over a random part of the page.

"Temporal manipulation can create branches in time. Unstable dimension openings. Spacial paradoxes! Time loops! You want to relive the same moment over and over forever, or never have existed at all?!" Mordo yelled at Stephen.

Stephen tilted his head and shut the book. "Well, they should've put the warnings before, then."

"Your curiosity could've gotten you killed," Amber added with clear perturbation.