EIGHT

Yelling in panic, she ducked as Kaecilius swung his near-invisible weapon at her

Yelling in panic, she ducked as Kaecilius swung his near-invisible weapon at her. Blocking a hit with her forearm, Amber shoved him away, running passed him towards Stephen. "Go! Go!"

The two rounded a corner, fleeing from Kaecilius. Stephen quickly stopped to push a small cabinet over before rejoining Amber in their escape. Kaecilius jumped against the wall momentarily, persuing closely behind.

Skipping up the stairs to the last floor, they turned in time to deflect another attack from Kaecilius. Stephen pushed Amber behind him, grabbing a trophy cup filled with some sort of glowing powder. "Ha!"

Kaecilius paused, casting a sardonic gaze at him. "You don't know how to use that, do you?"

Stephen panted, quickly peering down at it. "Uh..."

Stephen threw the cup at him. Kaecilius easily deflected this, making the golden powder go everywhere. Amber tried to help but got shoved away again.

She watched as the two went at one another fiercely. Kaecilius grabbed a small pilar, swinging himself around to kick Stephen into a glass case, destroying the entire thing.

"Stephen!" Amber yelled, rushing up to Kaecilius and attacking him. Amber was able to punch and hit him a few times with her swollen knuckles, but nevertheless, she was also thrown into another glass case.

Moving for Stephen again, Kaecilius knocked him into another glass case containing the blue and red cloaks.

Kaecilius swung his spear down on Stephen but it got stopped by the red cloak, which shocked both of them.

Stephen dropped to all fours, trying to crawl away. Kaecilius grabbed him, forcing him to stand on his knees. When Kaecilius went to strike him, the cloak absorbed the hit once more.

Kaecilius kneed Stephen in the gut and threw him down. Scrambling to get to his feet, Stephen received two more painful punches as his back met with the railing of the stairs.

Falling backward, the red cape dove after him, silence overtaking everyone.

"You..." Amber panted as she stood on the broken glass, more cuts lining her hands and face. "...piece of shit!" she cried, running at him. She tackled him to the floor, wrestling him.

Straddling his hips, Amber latched one hand around his throat, her other hand clenched in a fist and raised, ready to punch him.

Both caught notice of Stephen suddenly flying in the air by the cloak, his hands conjuring a whip with his orange powers. Winding his arm around his head, he lashed at Kaecilius.

Seeing that the whip was coming their way, Amber rolled off of him.

Kaecilius used his weapon to block the hit, pulling the rope with all his strength. Stephen pulled against him, quickly losing to Kaecilius and getting tossed across the room.