ELEVEN

All three sorcerers moved towards each of their own opponents

All three sorcerers moved towards each of their own opponents. Mordo was the first to make a move, kicking down the woman before him. Amber followed, taking on a man. Kaecilius slowly raised his arms, continuing the ritual.

"Strange! Get down here and fight!" Mordo yelled, briefly watching Stephen hovering in the air.

"No!" Amber cried when Kaecilius struck down on the ball of energy. Throwing her arms over her face, her midnight blue cloak held itself up in front of her protectively.

When Kaecilius' attack only came out as a spark, all slowly looked around to see the entire room disfigured. "The Mirror Dimension," Stephen announced smugly. "You can't affect the real world here. Who's laughing now, asshole?"

"I am." Kaecilius simply answered, waving his arms around. The room began to turn and loop in confusing patterns, almost giving everyone a headache.

Mordo, being held against the wall by two enemies, squirmed from their grasps and managed to knock him away. "Abel, let's go!"

Stephen glided down, running past them once he touched the ground. The trio jumped the steps and gazed up at the building.

"They've got no sling ring, they can't escape. Right?" Stephen asked, holding up Kaecilius' ring.

Mordo shook his head, looking over at Amber. "Run!"

Sprinting down the street, Stephen now became confused, cars driving upside down, turning on vertical corners, and driving sideways. Mordo and Amber met up with a baffled Stephen.

"Their connections with the Dark Dimension makes them more powerful in the Mirror Dimension. They can't affect the real world but they can still kill us!" Mordo shouted.

"This wasn't clever, this was suicide!" Amber breathed out, watching Kaecilius and his followers run down the street towards them.

The trio sprinted off again, Stephen forming a portal ahead to exit the confusing dimension. Kaecilius reached out his hand, turning his wrist.

The city tilted with his movements, taking the three by surprise. Sliding down the damp street, they landed on a sideways bus, all three of their faces hitting the glass. A white-haired man laughed at the book he read, throwing back his head. "Ha! That is hilarious!"

Stephen and Amber used their cloaks while Mordo used magic to leap across towards a tall building. Stephen attempted to make a portal once more. Kaecilius slammed his fist into the building, the surface of it sweeping with it.

The trio lost footing momentarily, seeing the portal disappear. Kaecilius sharply pulled his hands back, the building splitting down the middle and curling into itself.

Stephen, Mordo, and Amber cried in surprise as they slipped off the building, falling. The city became a puzzle, multiplying and curling in on itself, a forever rotation.

They fell and landed roughly onto the same building, overlooking the winding cities. Stephen let out a breath. "This was a mistake."

Mordo and Amber shot him a look.

"Yeah no shit, Sherlock!" she barked at him before the building tipped, everyone slipping off their feet again.

Each of them fell on different parts of a metal staircase, fleeing from Kaecilius' crooks. Mordo and Amber landed on a platform, Stephen falling onto it as well. The metal opened up, Stephen falling through.

Both of them reached for him in desperation but was closed off from the metal binding back together, shutting Stephen out.

Kaecilius motioned for his followers to move in on them. Stephen ran along a catwalk, jumping continuous stairs every few seconds. Leaping towards a pillar, Stephen slipped off, falling onto another walkway.

When he tried to jump down on a street below him, he was surprised to see it open up, a tunnel waiting to swallow him up. He slid down the side of it and landed on his knees, glancing up at everything. Turning on his heel, Stephen sprinted off.

Kaecilius ran along the same walkway as Stephen, jumping on the other side to tackling him down. Wrapping a hand around his throat, he grabbed his ring.

With Kaecilius hovering over him, he drew a spear. Stephen gasped, raising his arms in defence. Stephen was jerked back, the sheet of metal he was lying on being forced back by someone else.

Peering over, Stephen saw Amber huff out, guiding her hands with the movement of the metal, pushing him away from Kaecilius.

As Kaecilius watched his goons being moved away, he noticed the Ancient One appearing. All stood around a large circle, Amber, Stephen, Mordo, and Kaecilius in the middle.

With a sweep of her arm, the Ancient One moved Mordo, Amber, and Stephen to the edge of the circle. 

Mordo and Amber stared with mixed emotions. The Ancient One's forehead held the same engraved symbol that Kaecilius had.

Amber gasped, placing light fingers over her lips in shock. "It's true."

"She does draw power from the Dark Dimension." Mordo finished, mostly speaking to himself.

The Ancient One stared at the two, a flash of guilt on her face as the mark between her eyebrows disappeared. "Kaecilius."

The two slowly walked around the edge of the circle in opposite directions. "I came to you broken, lost, in need. I trusted you to be my teacher, and you fed me lies."

"I tried to protect you." She answered.

Kaecilius tipped his head. "From the truth?"

"From yourself." She said, her face now fully reading guilt.

"I have a new teacher now."

"Dormammu deceives you. You have no idea of what he truly is. His eternal life is not paradise, but torment."

"Liar." Kaecilius muttered bitterly, moving in on attack with his other disciples now present. The Ancient One mirrored his actions, taking on all three of them.

She knocked Kaecilius off his feet. In response, he hit the ground, sending a wave of force towards her. The Ancient One leaned back before copying his actions, ricochetting it back at him.

Using this to his advantage, he watched her take on one of his underlings. As the Ancient One held the man in a headlock, Kaecilius stabbed through both of them, piercing her through the gut.

He kicked her away into a portal that moved by. Stephen, Mordo and Amber gasped together.

They were quick on their feet, diving into the portal after her.