Chapter 18 "Feelings"

Thank so much for one THOUSAND reads! I am so happy right now! I didn't know this would actually happen! Shout out to Young__Author and have a Merry Christmas/ Hanukkah! :D

"Wow that really happened?" Steven said surprised. "Yeah! These last couple days have been pretty eventful!" You replied.
Garnet started thinking. "Hmmm...but what's triggering y/n's powers?" She said.
"Well what was going on during that time when you triggered your powers y/n?" Pearl asked.
"I was having a dream."
"So y/n's powers only triggered when she's dreaming?" Amethyst asked.
"No I don't think its dreaming." Garnet said puzzled. As the gens started talking about your powers and what triggers them, you decided to get some peanut butter. So you got off the chair, opened the fridge, and grabbed the peanut butter jar. When you opened it, it was empty. "Oh c'mon!" You said as you stomped your foot on the ground. When you did, a ring of fire came out from your feet, and grew out and then disappeared.

Everybody, including you looked in astonishment. "What the heck just happened?!" You said.
"You just summoned a ring of fire!!!" Steven replied excitedly.
"I know that Steven! What I mean is, how?"
"I think I know." Garnet smirked.

Garnet then led everybody to the training site, and sat everybody down except for you. You and Garnet stood there as she explains to you. "Okay so y/n, I'm going to do things that might trigger your powers. I won't hurt you physically, but maybe emotionally, so if there's anything offensive that I say, I don't mean it. Okay?"
"Okay." you nodded.
"Alright, so do you know how to summon your weapon?"
"Not exactly."
"Hmm...." Garnet thought for a moment.
"Y/n I'm going to take you to Funland tomorrow." She said.
"Really?!?!" All of a sudden, two g/w's shot out of your gem. "Woah."
"Happiness." Garnet replied.
"Huh?"
"Y/n, I don't want you to live with us anymore. I don't like you."
"What?" You said as a single tear came out of your eye. And at the same time, a huge beam of light shot straight up from you. You then looked up wide eyed.
"Sadness." Garnet continued.
"Wait ar-"
"In Crying Breakfast Friends, I ship Bacon and Spoon."
You growled. Then your eyes lit up white and a huge ring of fire came out of you.
"Anger." Garnet continued once again.
"Whoa." You said.
Garnet then walked up to you.
"Y/n, I think I know what triggers your powers...your feelings."
"Whaaaaaaat?!" You replied.
"To summon your weapon, you need to feel happiness. To trigger the laser, you need to feel sadness. To trigger the fire, you need to feel anger or rage."
"So my powers are tied to my emotions?"
Garnet nods.
"Alright!!!" You yell in happiness. Then three g/w's spit out of your gem. Garnet then crosses her arms and smiles. "You just need to learn how to use them."
"Okay...let's do this!" You started to feel pumped up. Garnet decided to teach you since Pearl already had her turn. You first started off with trying to summon your weapon. You thought of happy thoughts. "Donuts, video games, Crying Breakfast Friends..." You thought hard, but nothing was coming out of your gem.
"Cmon y/n! Think of something or maybe even someone who makes you happy." Garnet said.
You paused. "Garnet" you whispered to yourself. Then your weapon shot out of your gem, and through the air. You failed to catch it so you started chasing it "Nononononoaaawwww...." you said as you saw it fall over the edge. This kept repeating over and over again, until you finally caught it. "I caught it!" You jumped up in excitement. All of a sudden, so many more g/w's shot out of your gem.

And they didn't stop.

"Um...Garnet?" You said. They started coming out at a faster rate. "GARNET!" You started freaking out and running around. "Y/n hold still!"
"AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!" You yelled. Then one of your weapons hit Garnet right in the face. She then used her gauntlets to block any g/w's coming her way and finally caught up to you. She holds you to make you stop running. Once you stop running, the weapons start slowing down, and eventually stop. "Y/n, calm down." Garnet smiles at you and you look at her three eyes. Your face turns a dark red. She starts laughing and you laugh back as you both hug. "Guess I got a little too happy there." You giggle. "Haha. Yeah." Garnet stands up and looks at the mess of g/w's. "You're going to help clean this up, y'know." Garnet summons her visors again. "But Garneeeeet!" You whine playfully as you pick up a broom.