Chapter 30 "Soldiers"

You all arrived at the Zoo. When you got inside, you noticed two guards that looked like Amethyst. Pearl started talking about how the plan won't work, and how they'll stand out. You then heard some shimmering, so you turned around in your chair and noticed that Garnet had unfused. You blushed and thought that Ruby and Sapphire looked so adorable because they were so small. Then you over heard their plan to get Greg back, and you made your own plan to stay behind Amethyst the whole time.

Once everybody started getting out of the ship, you slipped in behind Amethyst without her knowing. You all then approached the guards. Sapphire and the guards began talking, then a blue woman appeared. Her name was Holy Blue Agate. You hated the sound of her voice, and it gave you a headache.

You all then began to move again, but then Amethyst was stopped and you ran into her. Amethyst blushed and Holy Blue left her and told her to stay at the door while the others proceeded.

Once Holly Blue left, Amethyst looked behind her, and saw you. She looked at you wide eyed. "What are you looking at?" One of the Amethyst guards said. "Nothing!" Amethyst replied nervously. The other Amethyst guard then grabbed you by the arm and pulled you out from behind Amethyst. "She was looking at this one!" The guard pointed at you. The other one laughed. "Y/n!" Amethyst yelled. "Don't hurt her!" Both of the guards laughed again. "What's so funny?" Amethyst asked. "Both of you are from Earth right?" One of them spoke. "Yeah." You replied. "So are we!"

The guard let you go, and she asked. "So, y/n is your name huh? I've never heard that gem before!"
"Well, I'm not actually-"
Then Amethyst cut you off. "She isn't a very common soldier. She's... uhm... defective!"
You decided to go along with it, and nodded. The soldier then explained to you how they accept defectives and that there are some in other rooms. Amethyst said that she was defective and that she only shapeshifted bigger to try and fit in.

The Amethyst guards led you and Amethyst to a room full of Amethyst, Carnelian, and Jasper. You all decided to talk and mess around for a while, until you thought of a prank. "How about we pull a prank on Greg and Steven, where it seems like the Amethyst soldiers are actually evil!"
"Great idea y/n!" Amethyst said.
One of the guards threw Steven and Greg into the room you were in. The soldiers gave devilish laughs. You and Amethyst then called Steven's name, pretending that you've been found out and kidnapped by the guards. Once you finished the prank, Steven began talking about how he was separated from Ruby, Sapphire, and Pearl. He was then interrupted by Holly Blue Agate who stomped in. She didn't notice Steven and Greg because they hid behind a couple soldiers. She began yelling about how horrible these quartzes are and that blue diamond is back. Holly punched, pushed, and threw the soldiers on the ground. She told everyone to get into their positions, and as everyone ran out you told Steven and Greg to go hide.

When Steven and Greg left, all of you were in a straight line. You were sweating out of nervousness. "Now, blue diamond told me to pick the ones who stand out the most. How I see it, the most defective." Her voice gave you a pounding headache. She picked out seven soldiers. Skinny Jasper, Carnelian, Amethyst, You, and three more soldiers. She then told you seven to follow her, and the others to go back into the waiting room. As the seven of you were walking, you began talking to Sapphire. "What's going on?" You whispered. "I don't know, love. Just hand in there." Sapphire whispered back. You gave her and Ruby a peck on the cheek, as Pearl opened the door. Sapphire, Ruby, Holly Blue, and all seven soldiers walked in. You hid behind the soldiers and began listening to their conversation until Amethyst slid her hand around your waist. You put your hand on hers, but then decided to ignore it and kept listening. She then slowly slid her hand upwards. You stopped her before she could reach your chest. "Amethyst! Now is not the time!" You whispered. You blushed, and so did she. She then lowered her hand, and apologized. When they finished their conversation, the soldiers stayed in there as Holly Blue, Ruby, and Sapphire walked out along with Steven and Greg. You and Amethyst followed them, and you hid behind Greg while Amethyst ran in front of the three of you. Holly Blue began talking, while all of you hoped that she wouldn't turn around and find Steven and Greg. You all started walking closer and closer to the Ruby ship. Holly Blue then turned around, and Amethyst being the quick thinker that she is, shapeshifted into a larger quartz soldier to hide the three of you. With Pearl, Ruby, and Sapphire still not knowing you were there, were thinking that she was only trying to hide Steven and Greg. You got to the entrance of the Zoo where the Ruby ship was, until you remembered that you left your sweatshirt in the quartz room.

 You got to the entrance of the Zoo where the Ruby ship was, until you remembered that you left your sweatshirt in the quartz room

This one ☝️:3

You began running back as fast as you could through the quiet, pink, metal hallways. You opened the door to the room, grabbed your sweater, and ran back. You began losing your breath and started panting heavily. When you got back, there were many soldiers at the entrance, and through all of the noise, you could just barely hear he faint noise of the Ruby ship getting ready to leave. "Guys! Wait!" You yelled as you tried to move through the crowd of soldiers. The soldiers then ran through the entrance and surrounded Holly Blue while waving good bye to the Crystal Gems. "Guys!" You yelled. Everybody ignored you and continued yelling and waiting. You watched as the Ruby ship left and drove into space. "Guys?"