19.Sometimes It Hurts Instead

I was beginning to get very, very worried. It was Jer, I hadn't seen him in two weeks. I knew we weren't friends anymore but I still cared. A lot.

"Hey Derrick!"I said walking up to him. He smiled when he saw me and gave me a hug.

"Hey Babe, what's up?"

I sat beside him on a stool. "Not much. I looked around the small diner. "Do you just hang around here all day?"

He nodded with a shrug.

"Pretty much, after I quit drug dealing, I also quit my job at the bar so I really have nowhere else to go but here."

"While we're on that topic, I haven't seen Jer in while, do you know where he might be?"I asked.

"What do you mean? How long has he been missing?"he asked.

"About two weeks."

"Two weeks? Jer missed two weeks worth of school? Damn something's definitely up."Derrick shook his head.

"So you don't know where he might be?"

He shook his head again."I really have no clue Aurora, we haven't talked in a long time and I'm not dealing anymore so I have no clue what's going on."

I sighed. "Well do you at least have his address?"I asked. Derrick grimaced.

"I do....but Jeremy doesn't like people coming over, not even me."

"Derrick please! He might be in trouble. I just want to make sure he's okay."

Derrick bit his lip and siughed. "Fine, I'll text it to you."

I smiled. "Thanks Derrick!" I jumped off the stool.

"Wait should I come with you? Jer...doesn't live on the best part of town."

I rolled my eyes. "I'll be fine Derrick, don't worry. I'll see you later."

After getting off at the bus stop closest to Jer's home I gulped. I realised that Derrick was right. I couldn't help but feel like someone was watching me. I gulped as I saw some sketching looking guys up ahead. I crossed the road away as they stared at me. I walked faster looking back every view minutes.

Bad idea. Very bad idea.

I was relieved when I finally made to his house. I knocked the door quickly and got noi aswer but the door opened slightly.

"Hello?"

No answer.

I stuck my head in and looked around. There was no one in sight.

"Hello Jer?" I gulped as I stepped inside.

Why did this already feel like a horror movie plot?

I walked into the cosy living room. "Jer?"

Deciding I had over stepped my boundaries, I thought it bet I leave. I turned and screamed as I noticed a figure blocking the door. The man stepped in. He was tall, very muscular and seemed to be in his forties. He sneered at me.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing in my house?"

I took a step back. "I-I'm sorry, I-I was just-"

"I thought I told that dumbfuck to keep his stupid friends away from here."

Was he talking about Jer?

He took another step towards me and stumbled. He must have been drunk.

I bit my lip thinking of a way to get out.