25.Happy Endings

"So there's something I need to tell you."

I frowned. "What's wrong?"

"There's nothing wrong, honey. I just need to say something to you."My Dad said.

"Okay."I said sitting across from him at the kitchen table.

"So there's this lady at my work place and we've known each other for quite a while. I mean we haven't ever really been that close until one day her car broke down and I gave her a ride. After that we started talking and stuff.

"Okay?"

"The thing is I and her, we're....dating."

My eyes widened. "Dating?"I asked.

He nodded."I don't want you to think I'm trying to replace your mom or anything. I will always love her and she will always be in my heart but I think, I think I'm ready to move on."

"Oh."I said. I stood up abruptly. "I-i need to...go."

"Wait! Aurora? Honey, please!"

I ran up the stairs and walked into my room, closing the door behind me.

I sat on my bed and stared at the wall in shock.

And I didn't know why I hadn't seen this coming, the thought of my Dad dating again never even crossed my mind.

It wasn't that I didn't want him to be happy.  I was honestly just shocked. I don't know if I can bare seeing my Dad with anyone but my mom.

"Honey? Are you okay?"My Dad asked from behind the door.

"I'm fine, Dad. I just need to think for a bit."

"Okay, sweetheart, of course."

--

"Hi Dad."

"Hi honey."

"I'm really sorry for how I acted before."

"Rory, you don't need to apologize."

"But I was being kinda selfish and rude. Here you are telling me one of the most amazing things that has happens to you on a while and I-"

"It's fine Aurora. I expected you to react like that or even worse honestly."

"I'm happy for you Dad. I really hope it works out because you deserve it. You really do."

He beamed at me. "So...how do yo feel about her coming to dinner tonig-"

"Whoa let's not push it."

He laughed. "Okay maybe another time."

I nodded.

"But...."

"But?"

"How about Jer and his mom coming for dinner?"

"Oh sure. Sounds good."

I smiled and went to text Jer.

"Hey Jeremiah, nice to see you again."

"You too sir."

"Hi Marie."I smiled.

"Hey Honey."

"This my Dad, I know you two haven't formally met yet."

"Hi, nice to meet you."

"You too. "My Dad said shaking her hand.

"So what's for dinner?" Jer asked plopping down our couch and propping his feet on our coffee table.

"Jeremiah!"His mom gasped.